- Planting the seeds of a better world. Online.
- Excellent Waldorf Teacher Preparation
- Camphill Special School
- Resources for Teachers and Parents
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Serving Schools and Families
- Support for Working with Young Children
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Education for the Twenty-first Century
- The Journey is Everything
- Waldorf-inspired Homeschool Curriculum
- Movement for Childhood
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- What Do Children Need Above All Things?
Kindergarten and Early Childhood
Early Childhood Assistant
Mar 25 2013 | Prairie Moon Waldorf School | Lawrence, KS
Prairie Moon Waldorf School is in search of a wonderful assistant teacher for a Mixed-age Kindergarten class beginning in August, 2013. Our Early Childhood program consists of two Mixed-age Kindergartens (3 - 6yrs) and a Parent-Child (infant - 3 yrs) program. We are looking for an experienced teacher with some college level coursework and a Waldorf Early Childhood training certificate, or willingness to develop a plan for study of Waldorf early childhood pedagogy.
This is a position for the academic year of 2013-2014, beginning August 12, 2013 and going through May 29, 2014
Contact hours with children:
• Daily when school is in session, 7 hours (8:30 - 3:30 or 8 - 3) M-F
Collaboration (non-contact time with children):
• 2.5-5 hours per week with other Early Childhood (EC) faculty and/or whole school faculty.
Salaried position, with a range of $13,000 – $16,000, based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include:
• One week of paid time off
• Partial health benefits (50%)
• $500 of professional development funds for Waldorf teacher training
• A minimum of a BA.
• At least 6 months experience working with children in a group setting.
• Early childhood teaching experience.
• Lead teacher certification, as required by the KS Department of Health and Environment, per our child care license. Inquire for more details to learn how you can fulfill this requirement before the start of school in August 2013.
• An openness to the anthroposophical philosophy surrounding child development and education.
• An ability to lift the weight of a child, up to 50 pounds, when required.
• A team player who loves working with children, has a sense of inner calm, and is able to take initiative to facilitate the smooth running of the EC classroom.
• Willingness to undertake ongoing professional development in collaboration with the EC faculty.
• A BS in education
• A commitment to the study of anthroposophy.
• Experience teaching in a Waldorf, Lifeways, or Sophia’s Hearth program.
• Training in Waldorf early-childhood pedagogy through an approved AWSNA or WECAN program, a Lifeways or Sophia’s Hearth program, or the Midwest Regional Waldorf Teacher Training program.
• Experience working in a Waldorf early-childhood program.
• Reliable and punctual for all aspects of the job.
• Maintain confidentiality and hold sensitive information with discretion.
• Assist classroom teacher with mealtime preparations and activities (i.e., coloring, painting, beeswax, bread kneading, crafts, etc.), allowing for child participation.
• Assist classroom teacher with transitions and other activities of the day including mealtimes, clean-up, rest, circle, story, outside time, and naptime.
• Pass along parent questions and child observations to classroom teacher.
• Assume responsibilities of the lead teacher, in lead teacher’s absence.
• Help to keep the classroom clean and neat.
• Assist with classroom management in consultation with, and as directed by lead teacher
• Adhere to the code of conduct outlined in the document “Professional Expectations for Faculty and Staff”.
• As a condition of employment, the employee agrees to follow rules, regulations, and policies that have been adopted by the Board of Directors for the Waldorf Association of Lawrence dba Prairie Moon Waldorf School.
• Weekly meetings with supervising teacher, while school is in session
• Attend all in-service days
• Attend weekly Early Childhood faculty meetings
• Attend weekly full-faculty meetings
• Attend parent meetings and conferences, as directed by supervising teacher
• Attend at least one parent evening per semester
• Participate on one school committee
• Attend all-community meetings (one each semester)
Please send cover letter, resume, PMWS application (available at http://prairiemoon.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Application-for-Employment.pdf), and three references to:
Prairie Moon Waldorf School
Attn: Early Childhood Search Committee
1853 E. 1600 Road
Lawrence, KS 66044
Applications are welcome until Monday May 13, 2013, or until the position is filled.
Viewed: 577 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »