- Resources for Teachers and Parents
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- The Journey is Everything
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Camphill Special School
- Education for the Twenty-first Century
- Excellent Waldorf Teacher Preparation
- Movement for Childhood
- Planting the seeds of a better world. Online.
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Waldorf-inspired Homeschool Curriculum
- What Do Children Need Above All Things?
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Support for Working with Young Children
- Serving Schools and Families
Kindergarten and Early Childhood
Early Childhood Aftercare Assistant
Mar 25 2013 | Prairie Moon Waldorf School | Lawrence, KS
Early Childhood Aftercare Assistant: The primary responsibility of the Aftercare Assistant is to make sure that the experience is positive for the children who attend and the activities follow the pedagogy of the school, ensuring the supervision and safety of all the children ages 3 to 6 yrs-old.
Responsible To: Lead Teacher / Program Director
Schedule: 2:30-5:30pm M-F, 15 hours per week.
Benefits: This position is not eligible for health insurance.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
• Supervise the children enrolled in the afternoon care program
• Punctual attendance, ready to receive children from naps & transition into afternoon play
• Ensure each child has a healthy afternoon snack (from home or food the school provides)
• Maintain attendance records of children through the Parent Sign In and Out forms
• Carry cordless phone at all times to make and receive calls for assistance or emergencies
• Fill out incident reports and follows up with parents on any injuries or behavior problems
• Check in daily with Lead Teachers to report any concerns, accidents, or other critical information to ensure good communication and oversight of the program
• Ensure that the areas used (room and play yard) are clean and returned to original condition
• Dress modestly, avoiding clothing with printed words, ready for all weather conditions experienced during daily outdoor play (usually a minimum of an hour)
Other Tasks & Responsibilities
• Relates to all children and youth in positive ways
• Responds appropriately to individual needs of children and youth
• Encourages children and youth to make choices and to become more responsible
• Uses positive techniques to guide the behavior of children and youth
• Ensures children generally interact with one another in positive ways
• Ensures that the program’s indoor and outdoor spaces meet the needs of children
• Reports any site or facility problems to Lead Teachers
• Closes and locks all doors and windows, turns off all inside building lights at the
end of shift
Employee must maintain the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism commensurate with working in an educational setting.
“Lead Teacher” certification, as required by the KS Department of Health & Environment, per our childcare license. Inquire for more details to learn how you can fulfill this requirement before the start of school in August 2013.
You must also have one of the following requirements met to be considered for this position:
Option 1: (A) Five sessions of observation for not less than 2 1/2 consecutive hours per observation in licensed preschools or child care centers. Child care center staff shall plan their observations so that daily activities during morning, lunch, nap time and late afternoon can be observed; and (B) one year of teaching experience in licensed centers or preschools, or one year of supervised practicum in licensed centers or preschools (this can be from a practicum/internship experience)
Option 2: (A) Seven to nine semester hours of academic credit or equivalent training in child development or early childhood education; and (B) three months' teaching experience in licensed centers or preschools, or one year of supervised practicum in licensed centers or preschools (this can be from a practicum/internship experience)
Option 3: A child development associate credential.
Additional Kansas State requirements:
-health assessment form current and certified by a licensed physician
-current CPR (infant & child) / First Aid training
-KBI background check
Please send cover letter, resume, PMWS application (available at http://prairiemoon.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Application-for-Employment.pdf), and three references to:
Prairie Moon Waldorf School
Attn: Early Childhood Search Committee Chair
1853 E 1600 Rd
Lawrence, KS 66044
Applications are welcome until Monday May 13, 2013, or until the position is filled.
Viewed: 326 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »