- Resources for Teachers and Parents
- Download Waldorf Articles and Podcasts!
- Excellent Waldorf Teacher Preparation
- January National Conference in California
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- 2015 Biodynamic Planting Guide & Calendar
- The Journey is Everything
- Naturally Warm for All Ages
- New Trainings Beginning This Fall
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Camphill Special School
- Waldorf-inspired Homeschool Curriculum
- Serving Schools and Families
- Support for Working with Young Children
Kindergarten and Early Childhood
Part-time Kindergarten Assistant for January
Oct 06 2013 | Cape Ann Waldorf School | Beverly, MA
- An interest and willingness to study Waldorf education
- Previous experience working with young children is required
A teacher at Cape Ann Waldorf School works out of anthroposophy to bring the Waldorf curriculum in a living manner to the children of the class. This requires active development of the curriculum to meet the children’s needs. Essential to this role is work with individual parents to support their child, and parents collectively, to build a class community.
- Assist and support the work of the Lead Teacher as needed
- Act in a professional manner and in accordance with school policy
- Prepare classroom
- Communicate in a timely manner with parents. (All written and oral correspondence of a concerning nature with parents is run by the Lead Teacher.)
- Participate in mentoring program
- Participate in evaluation process
- Complete annual CPR and First Aid Certification sessions
- Conduct regular meetings with Lead Teacher
- Report difficulties and challenges to Lead Teacher
- Attend preparatory meetings with Early Childhood Teachers prior to school year.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
- Invited to attend all professional days and work weeks
- Invited to attend weekly faculty business and pedagogical meetings
- Encouraged to pursue professional development
Staff participate in the evaluation process in a pre-determined cycle and at other times as indicated. All new lead teachers are evaluated in their first year.
ABOUT CAPE ANN WALDORF SCHOOL:
Our healthy, thriving school, now in its 27th year, is a full member of AWSNA. Our school has approximately 125 children enrolled in nursery through eighth grade. Children in grades one through eight participate in several subject classes, including Physical Education, Music (Strings and Orchestra), Handwork, Foreign Language (German and Spanish), and Eurythmy. Our Early Childhood program includes two kindergartens, two nurseries, and a parent-child program.
Our faculty is a diverse, multi-generational group of men and women. We are a mix of both new and experienced teachers. We are committed to faculty support and development and provide ongoing mentoring and regular evaluation. Our governance structure includes a full time Administrator and an established College of Teachers. We enjoy strong collaborative relationships among our Faculty, College, Board, and Parents.
We are located in a picturesque area just north of Boston, Massachusetts. Our school is now in our second school year at our new campus on historic Moraine Farm. We are a short commuter train ride to the city of Boston, with its world class symphony orchestra, museums, and universities. To learn more about our school, visit our website, www.capeannwaldorf.org.
HOW TO APPLY:
We invite you to send a letter of introduction, your resume, and three letters of recommendation (or contact information for three references) to Cape Ann Waldorf School, Attention: Teacher Search Committee, 701 Cabot Street, Beverly, MA, 01915. Please send email inquiries or electronic application materials to [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you!
Viewed: 478 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »