- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Serving Schools and Families
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- The Journey is Everything
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
Handwork Teaching in Sunny San Diego
Feb 02 2017 | NUA Sparrow Program | La Mesa, CA
About Sparrow School:
Founded in 2011, Sparrow School is a public charter school program that is guided by the core principles of a public Waldorf education. Currently with 200+ students, the classes range from grades K-7, and will continue growing into 8 grades. All of the teachers at Sparrow School are Waldorf trained or actively pursuing certification, and committed to Rudolf Steiner’s indications.
What we’re looking for in a handwork teacher:
• Experience and training with Waldorf Handwork curriculum and teaching methods
• Experience teaching in elementary school
• Classroom management that is neither permissive nor punitive, and that is based on developing the children’s intrinsic motivation
• Willingness to collaborate and be a reflective teacher and staff member
• Strong sense of self to be a model of truth, beauty, and love for the students
As a staff, including part time faculty, we work closely together to support one another and our expanding program. As a close-knit group, we honor positive communication, and respect one another’s input. We are a group of forward thinking, inspired, and committed individuals.
In addition to offering a working environment that allows artistic expression and creativity, plus the freedom to address the developmental needs of the child, Sparrow School offers a competitive salary.
San Diego, on the coast of the Pacific Ocean in Southern California, is known for its mild year-round climate, natural deep-water harbor and extensive beaches. San Diego is often referred to as “America’s Finest City”, as it’s known for its beautiful weather, pristine beaches, friendly people and a plethora of entertainment, as well as hosting many museums and lush botanical gardens and parks.
• Waldorf experience in teaching Handwork to grades 1-8
• Experience with and knowledge of Waldorf pedagogy
• Experience with elementary age children
To apply, send resume & a short email about yourself to [email protected]
Viewed: 258 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »