- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Waldorf Student Information System
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Serving Schools and Families
- Immersive Academics and Arts
Kindergarten and Early Childhood
Nursery-Kindergarten lead teacher
Feb 16 2017 | Sanderling Waldorf School | Carlsbad, Ca
The person who takes up this role will carry a healthy mixed-age (three to six year olds) group among a team of qualified and experienced colleagues.
Sanderling Waldorf school’s growing Early Childhood program includes three mixed age Nursery-Kindergarten classes, one nursery class and several Parent/Child programs.
Sanderling Waldorf School, Pre-K-Grade 8, is now in its 20th year, located åin the north coastal area of San Diego. A truly unique setting, situated along the Pacific coastline characterized by cliffs, sandy beaches, flat-topped coastal areas, rolling hills, steep mesa bluffs and near-perfect weather year-round.
Our Nursery-Kindergarten Lead Teachers are full-time, active members of the school’s Faculty and are responsible for providing the kindergarten curriculum according to the principles of Waldorf pedagogy. This includes the planning and implementation of all daily curriculum activities within a safe and aesthetically pleasing environment; observing and nurturing young children’s growth and development; healthy communication with parents, including effective parent education; and supervising the work of an assistant. A strong ability to collaborate with early childhood colleagues is essential. Attendance at school events, parent evenings, and festival celebrations is required.
Sanderling School has been a full member with WECAN since 2014, and is on track for
AWSNA Accreditation in the Fall of 2017.
We offer a generous salary and benefits package.
Individuals, with Waldorf teaching experience, who hold a Waldorf Teaching Certificate and Bachelor’s degree, will be considered for this position.
In addition, we require Minimum of 12 Early Childhood (ECE) credits.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
To learn more about our school, please visit us at our website: sanderlingwaldorf.org
Applicants please send via email:
• Cover letter
• Current resume
• Three professional references
Send your application to: Pedagogical Chair, Shivani Burrows-Goodwill
Viewed: 266 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »