- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Waldorf Student Information System
- The Journey is Everything
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Serving Schools and Families
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
First Grade Teacher for 2017 -2018
Feb 16 2017 | Sandpoint Waldorf School | Sandpoint, Idaho
The Sandpoint Waldorf School is a school of 168 children, Nursery through 8th grade. We are in our 25th year and have been experiencing healthy enrollment, ongoing growth, and strong support from our community. We have a strong, trained and experienced faculty and a supportive parent body. We have a full specialty program that includes Spanish, Japanese, Handwork, Movement, Strings Ensemble, Woodworking, Music, Education Support and Eurythmy. Our staff is full of creativity, experience and commitment, and we look forward to welcoming new teachers into our warm and caring community!
Sandpoint, Idaho, is one of North America's best kept secrets. We are located in a town of 7,000, on the shores of the enchanting Lake Pend Oreille, surrounded by breathtaking mountains. The school is located in town and many teachers and students bike or walk to work. Mother Nature is at our fingertips, yet the convenience and cultural offerings of town are right there too. We have many fine restaurants and shops and an impressive local art and music scene. You can spend all summer boating and swimming at the lake or hiking the hundreds of miles of trails. In the wintertime our world-class ski resort, Schweitzer Mountain Resort, is just up the road (it takes 20 minutes from the center of town to get to the ski lifts). Despite the fact that Sandpoint is a hidden paradise, it is a very affordable place to live.
In addition to our beautiful setting, we have a several anthroposophical study groups, including a local biodynamic farming and gardening group. We sometimes share speakers and mentoring with the Nelson Waldorf School in BC, the Windsong Waldorf Initiative in Spokane, Washington and the one just over the border in Creston, BC. To learn more about Sandpoint, visit http://www.Sandpointonline.com/.
Please submit your letter of interest, resume, and brief biography to [email protected]
Viewed: 276 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »