- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- The Journey is Everything
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
Kindergarten and Early Childhood
Class 1 Teacher
Feb 16 2017 | River Oak Charter School | Ukiah, CA.
River Oak is situated in the town of Ukiah, CA, centrally located in the gorgeous, rural county of Mendocino - home to a diverse, progressive, artistic community. The town is nestled in a valley traversed by the Russian River and flanked by the western hills of the Mayacamas Mountains. We are near the rugged Pacific coast, 2 hours north of San Francisco, and 3 hours from the majestic Sierra Nevada Mountains.
Founded in 1999, River Oak serves 240 students in kindergarten through eighth grade. We have a faculty of excellent teachers who are committed to Waldorf pedagogy. Each possesses a CA multiple subject teaching credential, and a Waldorf teaching certificate. They are supported by an active Parent Council and a dedicated Charter Council (Board of Trustees). The curriculum includes Spanish, folk dance, painting, music (recorder, strings, band, singing), handwork, eurythmy, woodwork, gardening, P.E., and community service. In middle school, both math and science are supported by specialists, and students are tracked in a leveled math program.
CA multiple subject teaching credential (or eligibility for one), Waldorf teaching certificate highly desirable. Successful classroom experience teaching in a Waldorf school or Steiner inspired public school highly desired.
Competitive salary and benefits that include health and dental insurance, STRS retirement plan, BTSA mentoring, financial support for professional development, and pupil enrollment preference for teacher's children.
Submit an application packet (found on school's website under HR tab), cover letter and resume to our administrator, Rima Meechan, at [email protected] (subject line "Class One Teacher Search")
Viewed: 183 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »