- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Serving Schools and Families
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- The Journey is Everything
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
Kindergarten and Early Childhood
Part-time Assistant/Extended Care- Immediate Opening
Feb 17 2017 | Detroit Waldorf School | Detroit
A background that includes completion of or current enrollment in a Waldorf Teacher Training program in Early Childhood, an Associate’s degree or higher or 12 Semester hours in early childhood education or child development is preferred.
The Detroit Waldorf School is a multi-racial and multi-cultural school, celebrating its 50th year in the heart of the Detroit renaissance. We have the honor of being one of the ten oldest Waldorf schools in the United States. We offer a full curriculum and we are accredited by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North American and the Independent Schools Association of Central States.
Our school has a strong early childhood program, including a Kindergarten specific class that serves as a bridge to the grades. Our elementary program includes two languages, eurythmy, handwork, arts, remedial resource program, music/orchestra, physical education and an after school sports program. Our school resides in a beautiful 1920’s historical building situated on a4-acre campus with an organic garden.
The application process includes, but is not limited to: an introductory campus tour, classroom observations, and a hiring interview with members of the Personnel Committee. Travel expenses are the responsibility of the applicant.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume, and two professional references, via email to [email protected] or by mail to Detroit Waldorf School, 2555 Burns, Detroit, MI 48214. We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about our school at www.detroitwaldorf.org.
The Detroit Waldorf School does not discriminate in admissions, hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age or other statuses protected by law. Furthermore, parents, students, faculty, staff members and board members are all expected to conduct themselves and discharge their responsibilities in accordance with the school's non-discrimination policy.
Viewed: 300 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »