- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- The Journey is Everything
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Fun, Sun and French! Summer School 2017
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Serving Schools and Families
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Quality Education in the Heartland
Feb 21 2017 | Mountain Sage Community School | Fort Collins, CO
Mountain Sage Community School is a K-8 public, charter school inspired by Waldorf education and sustainable living, located in Fort Collins, Colorado. Mountain Sage has over 240 students currently enrolled in our rich and varied program.
Mountain Sage Community School is seeking a School Counselor to support K-8 students through a comprehensive developmental counseling program providing education, prevention, and intervention services.
Roles and responsibilities of the School Counselor at Mountain Sage include:
• Short-term personal and crisis counseling to assist students through difficult times
• Classroom guidance to help reinforce PBIS and four pillars of Responsibility, Respectful, Kindness, and Safety
• Classroom guidance for issues such as ongoing bullying, exclusion, or other current situations occurring in the classroom
• Meet with parent to guide, assist, and connect to other resources in the community
• Serve as school 504 coordinator and assist teachers with implementation of 504 accommodations
• Assist teachers with design and implementation of behavior plans
• Coordination of Intervention Committee and school-wide SST (Student Success Team)
• Assist with administration of standardized testing
• Assist eighth graders with high school and program choices
• Assist students in the following areas:
• Organizational, study and test-taking skills, and other academic skills support; coping strategies and problem-solving skills; peer relationships and effective social skills; communication, decision-making and conflict resolution skills; career awareness, exploration and planning; multicultural/diversity awareness
• Current Colorado special service provider endorsement of School Counselor, ages 0-21
• Master's Degree or higher in School Counseling as defined by accreditation by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling or related education programs, in addition to passing the Colorado state Approved content exam for School Counseling.
• Experience in a Waldorf-inspired setting
• 2+ years of School Counseling experience in a public school
Salary and Benefits:
Salary for this part-time position will be based on a relative percentage of the full-time base salary ($34,000/year) with increases commensurate with experience. We offer competitive compensation and state retirement benefits.
Candidates interested in pursuing the School Counselor position should review the school’s website prior to applying: www.mountainsage.org. We accept applications via email. No phone calls please. Please email a cover letter articulating your relationship to sustainability and Waldorf education, a resume, and three professional references to: [email protected] Please indicate School Counselor in the subject line of the email. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. You will be contacted by a member of the Hiring Committee if we are interested in pursuing your application. Mountain Sage Community School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Viewed: 214 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »