- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Serving Schools and Families
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- The Journey is Everything
- Fun, Sun and French! Summer School 2017
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Everything a Teacher Needs
Feb 21 2017 | Mountain Sage Community School | Fort Collins, CO
Mountain Sage Community School seeks a long-term substitute German teacher for Grades 1-7 for the fall semester of the 2017-2018 academic year.
In the lower elementary grades German instruction is based on an immersion approach that focuses on listening comprehension and speaking skills by way of stories, puppetry, song and games. Writing and reading are introduced slowly beginning in second grade while grammar is introduced thematically in the upper elementary grades. Textbooks are not used by students, but rather students write and illustrate their own German book throughout the course of the year. Beginning in sixth grade language instruction is structured more conventionally and homework and quizzes are incorporated into the class rhythm with the purpose of preparing students to enter upper level language classes in high school.
Mentoring, regular observations, and collaboration will be available.
Documented evidence from an accepted, regionally accredited college or university indicating completion of 24 semester hours of college level coursework that meet the minimum requirement in each of the areas listed below. This may include a maximum of six semester hours of documented professional development or work experience.
Hold a degree in a German.
A passing score on one (1) of the following World Language content exams: (Check one option below and upload a copy of your official score report)
- A passing score on Praxis World Language Exams in the target language.
- A passing score of 220 or higher on PLACE World Language Exam in target language. (the last administration for all PLACE exams will be May 6, 2017 and will be accepted for 5 years until May 6, 2022)
• Waldorf teacher certification and/or experience
• 2+ years of experience teaching German in a public school
Salary and Benefits:
Salary for this part-time position will be based on a relative percentage of the full-time base salary ($34,000/year) with increases commensurate with experience. We offer competitive compensation and state retirement benefits.
Candidates interested in pursuing the German Teacher position should review the school’s website prior to applying: www.mountainsage.org. We accept applications via email. No phone calls please. Please email a cover letter articulating your relationship to teaching German, a resume, and three professional references to: [email protected] Please indicate German Teacher in the subject line of the email. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. You will be contacted by a member of the Hiring Committee if we are interested in pursuing your application. Mountain Sage Community School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Viewed: 137 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »