- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- The Journey is Everything
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Fun, Sun and French! Summer School 2017
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Serving Schools and Families
Human Resources Officer
Feb 27 2017 | Mulberry Waldorf School | Kingston
of Human Resources Officer
SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
This is a 30% part-time position. The Human Resources Officer will report to the Administrative Head and work with the Human Resources Committee. Responsibilities include:
- being the chair of the HR Committee, setting HR Committee agendas, and attending weekly meetings;
- developing and maintaining HR policies and procedures;
- overseeing mentoring and evaluation of new and permanent staff;
- developing and maintaining job descriptions;
- overseeing work schedules, supply teachers, and staffing for all school camps; and,
- meeting with staff and checking in throughout the year.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
The following qualities are important:
• post-secondary education preferably in a Waldorf setting;
• relevant HR experience and/or training;
• strong organizational skills and energy for working in a vibrant community-based school;
• strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• empathetic and effective communication and interpersonal skills with colleagues;
• ability to work collaboratively with Faculty and Board within Mulberry’s governance structure; and,
• recent Police Check (within 3 months of hiring) and valid CPR-First Aid training.
Mulberry Waldorf School is an independent and community-based school and a not-for profit charitable organization, established in 1996. We offer programs for students and their parents from birth through Grade Eight. Our School is located within an active downtown community in historic Kingston, with access to local parks, waterfront, conservation areas and provincial parks. Our Board of Directors, teachers, administration and parents work collaboratively to sustain the operations of the School.
Salary is determined based on qualifications and years of experience. The base annual full-time salary for this position is $30,000. The school supports professional development as well as health allowances, mentoring, and tuition reduction for staff children.
We invite interested applicants to send a cover letter, resumé, and references by April 28, 2017 to:
Human Resources Committee ~ Mulberry Waldorf School
25 Markland Street, Kingston, Ontario K7K 1S2
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: (613) 542-0669
Mulberry Waldorf School is committed to employment equity, and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates; however, Canadian citizens will be given priority.
We thank all candidates in advance, but will only contact those selected for an interview.
Viewed: 120 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »