- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Fun, Sun and French! Summer School 2017
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- The Journey is Everything
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Serving Schools and Families
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
Community & Resource Development Manager
Feb 27 2017 | Vancouver Waldorf School | North Vancouver
The Community & Resource Development Manager serves on the Management Team and reports to the VWSS Board of Trustees. This individual works in close collaboration with the parents, students, administrative staff and faculty.
1. Work with the school community to support the VWS mission through fundraising initiatives and activities.
2. Act as a leader and facilitator with respect to all areas involving community building activities and parent education.
3. With the Admissions Coordinator, lead recruitment of new students.
4. Develop and implement initiatives to maximize student retention with a goal to maximize student retention year over year.
5. Work with and provide guidance to the Parent Council, Parent Reps and other Parent initiatives in the understanding of the mission, vision and values of the Vancouver Waldorf School.
6. Act as the VWS’s liaison with the parent community, VWS alumni, and the community at large.
Duties and responsibilities
• Develop, implement, manage, and evaluate activities related to annual, monthly, major and legacy giving.
• Prepare an annual fundraising budget and action plan to be approved by the Board or the Business Manager.
• Keep a full accounting of all fundraising activities including revenue received and collection and payment of receipts.
• Manage the fundraising database, apply for new fundraising opportunities, and write grant applications
• Analyze trends in the Annual Giving Campaign, identifying opportunities and challenges and developing strategies to ensure goals are met.
• Work with the Parent Council to develop a warm and inviting community environment by providing opportunities for actively engaging, interacting and sharing the experience of being part of the school community.
• Create a warm and inviting office and manner for welcoming and supporting parents as community members with view to community engagement and retaining students.
• Research, develop and implement where feasible the best practice development and marketing approaches of other Waldorf and independent schools.
• Create, support and maintain a solid volunteer base upon which to ensure successful events and activities (including fundraising activities).
• Communicate with alumni/parents to cultivate alumni/parent engagement.
• Coordinate advertising and promotion of community events, and ensure all necessary permits and licenses are acquired prior to events.
• With the Admissions coordinator, strategize and lead VWS recruitment activities with a focus on identifying and tapping new and broader markets for student recruitment including attendances at external recruiting events such as the Private School Expo, liaising with other Independent Schools associations, recruitment advertising opportunities, designing external recruitment communications and events such as articles in newspaper and magazine publications with a view to raising the profile of VWS particularly to families investigating other North Shore private schools.
• Conduct exit interviews with departing students and their families to ascertain if the student can be retained or what improvements can be made to the school for future retention and reporting these findings to the Board of Trustees.
• Provide leadership in connection with the planning and execution of the annual Christmas Fair.
• Manage or arrange for the management of the Red Door Store.
• Experience: 5-10 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, volunteer coordination and/or leadership. Prior fundraising experience an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to supervise volunteers and staff.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Knowledge of Waldorf school philosophy or in the event of an otherwise strong development background, willingness to learn about Waldorf through active self-study and mentoring.
• Knowledge of recent trends in fundraising and philanthropy.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of computers and a proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets.
• Working knowledge of fundraising software .
• Time management: strong ability to work in an extremely busy environment and the ability to manage multiple projects to successful delivery.
Skills and Qualities
• Relationship building amongst key stakeholders including parents, alumni, and donors.
• Working collaboratively with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
• Effectively managing a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities.
• Being a warm, friendly, highly organized self-starter capable of working independently and as a part of a team.
• Generate new and unique ideas in support of the community development and financial goals of VWS
The Development Coordinator position work schedule will be Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Throughout the term of your employment you are expected to support (and in some cases lead) school events such as School Fairs, Open Houses, Waldorf Welcomes and other events which VWS hosts, which would entail expectations of irregular hours in attendance.
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Viewed: 158 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »