- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Fun, Sun and French! Summer School 2017
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- The Journey is Everything
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Serving Schools and Families
Music Teacher - 2017/18 School Year
Mar 06 2017 | Waldorf School of New Orleans | New Orleans
The position will be responsible for violin and cello instruction to third through eighth grade students.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for voice instruction with the goal of developing a strong choral experience for our students. A desirable candidate will also be proficient in recorder. The Music Teacher is a member of a team of teachers, guided by the Pedagogical Administrator, committed to developing a strong music curriculum of age-appropriate learning aligned with Waldorf principles of child development. We value excellent teaching and classroom management skills, as well as familiarity or a willingness to become acquainted with the Waldorf approach to child development and the music curriculum.This is a part-time position offering a competitive hourly rate. Desired qualifications include:
• B.A. in Music (or its equivalency)
• Experience teaching elementary and middle-school students
• Experience conducting chorus and orchestra
• Proficiency in piano and/or an orchestral instrument
• Proficiency with recorders
• Certificate or MEd in Waldorf Education preferred
• An understanding of Waldorf school music pedagogy and/or Waldorf teaching experience preferred
• Open to colleagueship and the development of strong, collaborative professional relationships
The Waldorf School of New Orleans is located in the heart of one of America's most historic and intriguing cities, the birthplace of jazz music and home to a unique cultural life that includes year-round festivals culminating in the world famous Mardi Gras parades and celebrations. New Orleans, with its sub-tropical climate, offers opportunities for outdoor recreation in beautiful City Park and Audubon Park, along with walking and bicycle paths along the legendary Mississippi River.
Founded in 2000, our school, a developing school with WECAN and AWSNA, serves over 100 children in Early Childhood and Grades programs with exciting plans for growth into a new and larger site in a historic and diverse section of the city. New Orleans is also home to an urban Camphill initiative – Raphael Academy and The Guild, serving middle-schoolers through young adults with special needs. The local Anthroposophical Study Group has been meeting bi-weekly for over 35 years.
The Waldorf School of New Orleans does not discriminate in admissions, hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, or other statuses protected by law. Interested candidates are asked to please submit intent cover letter, resume, biography, and three letters of reference to: [email protected] or you may also mail your resume to the address below:
Teacher Search Committee
Waldorf School of New Orleans
517 Soraparu Street, #101
New Orleans LA 70130
Viewed: 108 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »