- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Serving Schools and Families
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Fun, Sun and French! Summer School 2017
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- The Journey is Everything
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
Head of School
Mar 06 2017 | Shearwater, the Mullumbimby Steiner School | Mullumbimby, NSW, Australia
- POSITION FOR VISIONARY EDUCATIONAL LEADER
- VIBRANT AND INNOVATIVE STEINER SCHOOL
- IDYLLIC AUSTRALIAN EAST COAST LOCATION
Shearwater, the Mullumbimby Steiner School, established in 1993, is now a double streamed K-12 school with over 120 teachers and staff and 620 students. The school includes an Early Learning Centre, a Trade Skills Centre, a working biodynamic farm and gardens managed according to biodynamic principles; and hosts a range of highly regarded community festivals, workshops and events throughout the year.
We are currently seeking to recruit an exemplary Head of School to consolidate and guide the School’s future direction and vision. The successful applicant, with the support of an inspiring and dedicated executive team and highly-skilled teachers, is responsible for overall school management, educational excellence, community engagement and student wellbeing.
The ideal applicant will have:
• Demonstrated understanding and experience of Steiner’s educational philosophy;
• Approximately 10 years’ Independent Schools management experience across strategic, financial, organisational and resource functions;
• Proven ability to build and sustain collaborative relationships with the Board, the Executive team, the College of Teachers and key stakeholders within the School community;
• Ability to plan, prioritise and deliver high-level strategic objectives through practical implementation strategies;
• Ability to impartially manage workplace relationships, performance and change management processes with sensitivity and professionalism; and
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
The successful applicant will have personal and professional integrity, be inspiring and innovative, compassionate, and demonstrate good judgment, common sense, resilience and strength of character.
For further information, please visit our website www.shearwater.nsw.edu.au
Applications close Tuesday, 4 April 2017
Viewed: 103 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »