- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Serving Schools and Families
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- The Journey is Everything
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Waldorf Training in Australia
Language Teacher - Spanish/Latin - flexible part-time
Mar 08 2017 | The Siskiyou School | Ashland, OR
• Native Spanish speaker and/or excellent language skills in Spanish and/or Latin
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3–5 years of Spanish teaching experience, Waldorf training and experience preferred
• Confident classroom presence; strong social and communication skills
About our town and our school:
Ashland – a beautiful, progressive town surrounded by mountains with amazing theater, arts, music and outdoor activities!
The Siskiyou School is a thriving First - Eighth Grade Waldorf School, with 25 full and part-time teachers and a student body of 185. Classes range in size from 22-28. Ten home-based Waldorf pre-schools and kindergartens feed into the school. Our two-acre campus houses eight spacious classrooms, a performance and assembly space which hosts our theater and Eurythmy program, and breakout rooms for track and specialty classes, a spacious play area, gardening space and use of a city park used for our games and recess. The school is on the city’s bike path and walking distance to hiking trails.
Ashland is a cosmopolitan small town, home to Southern Oregon University and the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. There are two weekly farmers markets, a Co-op Grocery store, hiking trails in and around the town, many local farms, artists and a thriving local music scene making Ashland a very desirable small town. Hiking, skiing, rafting, camping, biking and rock climbing are all easily accessible in the Rogue Valley. Closest airport: Medford, OR.
We are fully enrolled with a wait-list for many grades and have an astute Board who has maintained our financial health through our founding years. Our parent body is active throughout the school.
Please contact our Head of School, Lisa Barry, with any questions. Send your resume with cover letter to [email protected] We will keep the search open until we find the right teacher. We look forward to hearing from you!
Call: 541-482-8223 e-mail: [email protected]
Viewed: 174 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »