- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- The Journey is Everything
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Serving Schools and Families
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
Mar 08 2017 | Woodland Charter School | Applegate Valley, Oregon
Our school community will welcome you to wonderful southern Oregon, where the living is affordable and the land is beautiful and varied. We are one-two hours from: Crater Lake, the Stout Grove (giant redwoods), the Oregon Coast, and the Pacific Crest Trail, with many accessible high peaks. Our amazing local river systems offer rafting, kayaking, and swimming for water enthusiasts. Biodynamic and organic farms abound in this temperate zone, and we have many farmers in our school community.
Our school, which opened in October 2012 with 60 students, expects an enrollment of 200 students in September 2017 in grades 1- 8. Grades 1 though 8 will be stand-alone classes with 25 students each. Our curriculum includes the following special subjects: Spanish Language, Music (includes choral singing and string instruments), Handwork, Woodworking, Eurythmy, Games/Movement and Gardening.
An ideal candidate would have:
• Oregon certification or registration with the TSPC
• Some knowledge of Waldorf Education
• Skill in singing, recorder playing and music theory
• Experience teaching music to elementary aged children
• Enthusiastic, creative, and loving with students
• Ability to work well with colleagues, administration, and parents
• Competitive pay
• Mentorship program and professional development funds
• Pension plan through the state of Oregon
Please submit a resume, letter of interest, a brief biography, copies of transcripts and 3 professional references to [email protected]
Viewed: 226 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »