- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Serving Schools and Families
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- The Journey is Everything
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Waldorf Training in Australia
First Grade Teacher for-2017-18 School Year
Mar 13 2017 | Highland Hall | Northridge
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and a Waldorf training certificate. Applicants should have a commitment to working in an environment that fosters the education of the whole human being. Experience as a class teacher is desired.
Our beautiful 11-acre campus sits atop a grassy hill in a scenic neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley. Our children learn and play surrounded by lush grounds and a variety of trees, with ample space for nature walks. We have a bio-dynamic garden and farm, and an orchard where the children learn to cultivate fruits, vegetables, and other plants. Our campus also has a spacious grassy playing field and gymnasium where the children enjoy a variety of physical activities.
Established in 1955, highland hall was the West Coast’s first Waldorf school and is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Association of Waldorf Schools in North America (AWSNA).
Serving children from nursery to 12th grade, we are a solidly established school determined to be exemplary in providing Waldorf education, and in fostering healthy relationships and a spirit of service to others. highland hall faculty continually strives to recreate our school to meet the needs of our children and families.
We are fortunate to have The Waldorf Institute of Southern California (WISC) on our campus, offering teacher education programs and professional development workshops, events and summer courses.
We invite you to bring your talent, ideas and energy as we prepare today’s children for the ever-challenging needs of the future.
Salaries range from $47,500-$70,000 commensurate with experience. The comprehensive benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan, vision, life and long term disability insurance. Tuition remission is provided for full time faculty children.
Qualified and interested candidates please email letter of interest, resume and 3 references to: [email protected]
Viewed: 97 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »