- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- The Journey is Everything
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Fun, Sun and French! Summer School 2017
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Serving Schools and Families
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
Games Teacher for 2017-2018
Mar 13 2017 | Davis Waldorf School | Davis
The Davis Waldorf School is currently looking to fill the position of part-time games/movement teacher and for 1st through 8th grade. The 5-acre campus includes an already-established grassy playing field and full-court basketball court. We are looking for an energetic and self-directed individual with at least 2-3 years experience in games and movement and educating children. Waldorf teacher training and Spacial Dynamics™ training is not required, but highly valued. An understanding of Waldorf methods is a must.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Adopt and continue to develop our games curriculum to address the needs of our students and school and conduct games classes for 1st – 8th grade students.
• Oversee and coordinate the preparation of the children for the annual Pentathlon (5th grade), Medieval Games (6th grade), and track meets (7th and 8th grades). Coordinate with the host schools on training sessions, logistics and support, as needed.
• Facilitate the developing middle school sports program, including educating the students, faculty, parents and staff as needed, and coordinate with the coaches for all teams.
• Oversee and coordinate the annual Games Day during the last week of school for Grades 1 – 8.
• Oversee the purchase, storage and maintenance of the games and recess equipment.
• Model respect and curiosity for learning, and encourage students’ interests and talents, using a Waldorf curriculum, based on a child development approach.
• Collaborate with lead teachers in the development and documentation of games lessons that are integrated with classroom teaching, and the developing needs of the students.
• Work with Subject Teacher section, Pedagogical Chair and Lower School/Middle School mentors to contribute to consistency in communication, classroom management, student supervision, application of policies and procedures, etc.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must pass Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) and Child Abuse Reference Check (CAIC) background clearance.
Our school offers two preschools, two Kindergartens, and 1st through 8th grade. We have a strong and experienced faculty dedicated to working out of Anthroposophy. Our parents are invested in their children's education and in the school, bringing great enthusiasm and energy to any project.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and three professional references with contact information to: [email protected] Davis Waldorf School 3100 Sycamore Ln., Davis, CA 95616 Fax: 530-753-0944
Viewed: 93 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »