- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Serving Schools and Families
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Fun, Sun and French! Summer School 2017
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- The Journey is Everything
- Everything a Teacher Needs
Mar 14 2017 | Urban Prairie Waldorf School | Chicago, IL
We are a dynamic and forward thinking Waldorf school that is supported by an involved community as well as a highly inspired, enthusiastic and energetic faculty and administration. We are proud of our positive collegial relationships and a truly enjoyable work environment. We currently serve over 161 students in grades 1 – 8. UPWS and our sister Waldorf Early Childhood center, City Garden, continue to see robust growth in all aspects of our schools. Urban Prairie is an exciting, challenging and vigorous environment to work in, and we seek like-minded teachers, who are passionate and committed to providing children with an exemplary Waldorf education. In support of our commitment and vision, we believe strongly in investing heavily in our employees, and offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary structure, medical and 401K benefits, annual professional development, and mentoring. In addition, our teachers are supported by a full-time Pedagogical Director who directs teacher and curriculum development.
Our curriculum includes Eurythmy, Spanish, Mandarin, handwork, music, orchestra, movement, woodwork and other practical arts. Our campus features large sunny classrooms, an assembly hall, a school garden, a blacksmith forge, and nearby parks and green space.
Requirements for the position include a Bachelor’s Degree, Waldorf Teacher Training certification underway, and enthusiasm for bringing Waldorf education to our thriving urban environment. Ideally, we seek someone with a minimum five years of experience in the field of education and a proven track record of success. Starting salary is competitive and takes into consideration years of experience. Qualified applicants must be able to work in a collaborative manner in an environment of mutual support.
Applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and three references to [email protected]
Viewed: 103 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »