- Waldorf Student Information System
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Fun, Sun and French! Summer School 2017
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Serving Schools and Families
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- The Journey is Everything
- Waldorf Training in Australia
Mar 15 2017 | Madison Waldorf School | Madison, Wisconsin
• Leads the School in a positive, collaborative manner consistent with the principles of Waldorf education and servant leadership
• Oversees the long-term, strategic work of the School
• Uses the budget as a tool to achieve School goals
• Executes development and marketing initiatives aligned with the strategic plan
• Oversees all administrative functions of the School including business, personnel, enrollment and facilities management
• Facilitates communication between the Board, Faculty, Staff, Parents, and the wider community
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in Waldorf education, combined with a depth of experience in business operations and people management.
The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, an advocate of the benefits of Waldorf education, and leader who guides the continuous evolution of the School and supports ongoing professional development of its faculty and staff. As a strong manager, this individual will be able to link strategic plans with fiscal realities, and be able to help define and work within a budget.
This is a half-time, year-round salaried position. Benefits include a competitive salary and tuition remission. The full position description can be found at https://madisonwaldorf.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Administrator-Position-Description-2017.pdf.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required; graduate training is desired but not essential.
• At least three-years’ experience in progressive leadership, teaching and managerial roles at a Waldorf school or other similar institution.
• Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships among co-workers, parents, students and members of the wider community.
• A demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills including the ability to organize, prioritize, delegate and coordinate work assignments.
Madison Waldorf School provides an education that honors every child’s enthusiasm for initiative, creativity and social responsibility. Our school offers early childhood through grade eight education, including Spanish, German, Games and Handwork. In addition, we have a parent/child program to introduce young families to Waldorf education. MWS is developing school with AWSNA and WECAN.
MWS is located in the vibrant city of Madison, WI. Home to the state capital and the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, Madison offers one of the richest intellectual and cultural environments in the world for a city of its size. Neighborhood festivals and cultural events of all types abound, and this small city of 280,000 people is truly a place where there is always "too much to do." Madison offers a rich mix of farmer’s markets (including the year-round Dane County farmer's market,) natural food co-operatives and stores and a wide variety of CSAs. Outdoor recreation is also a way of life for Madisonians. Along with the city's beautiful location snuggled between two large lakes, the city boasts numerous parks and many miles of bike and walking paths. Madison is located in the center of dairy farming country, but within an hour’s drive are also some of the upper Midwest's most beautiful and unique natural areas. With all this and more, many residents will claim that Madison offers an ideal place to raise a family, and it is no surprise that Madison is regularly cited as one of the most livable cities in the US.
To apply, please send a letter of interest by April 5, 2017(including a brief biographical sketch), three references, and a resume to:
President, Board of Trustees
Madison Waldorf School
6510 Schroeder Rd
Madison, WI 53711
Viewed: 105 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »