- The Journey is Everything
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Serving Schools and Families
- Fun, Sun and French! Summer School 2017
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
Mar 15 2017 | Malamalama Waldorf School | Keaau
Our School Community
We are a Candidate Member school with AWSNA; accredited with WECAN, HAIS, and WASC. Malamalama Waldorf School was founded in 1978 by a group of devoted parents and educators seeking a different educational experience for children in the Puna district of the Big Island. MWS is located in the residential subdivision of Hawaiian Paradise Park, nestled on a 20-acre parcel in a beautiful rainforest setting. In 1979 MWS was incorporated as an independent, non-profit educational and cultural organization in the State of Hawaii. The school is a well-respected member of the Big Island community with over 30 years dedicated to Waldorf Education preschool through 8th Grade. Our graduates regularly go on to hold top academic honors in high school, including graduating valedictorians and salutatorians. They are also leaders in athletic, artistic, and performing arts endeavors.
The Big Island of Hawaii is rich in cultural diversity as well as boasting a most unusual landscape including an active volcano, ranch lands, and beaches. You can surf in the morning and don winter apparel for a jaunt to the summit of Mauna Kea in the afternoon.
On the Big Island, we are blessed with a beautiful natural environment, rich cultural opportunities, temperate climate, relatively low cost of living, and affordable housing options. The school’s salary together with its generous benefit package supports a moderate lifestyle.
Malamalama Waldorf School is seeking a trained, Waldorf Handwork teacher. Previous Waldorf teaching experience is preferred.
Interested applicants are welcome to send a letter of introduction, resume, college transcripts, Waldorf certifications, and three references to the Recruiting Committee at Malamalama Waldorf School.
HC 3 Box 13068 ● Keaau, Hawaii 96749 ● phone 808-982-7701 ● fax 808-982-7806
E-mail [email protected]
Viewed: 114 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »