- Quality Education in the Heartland
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- The Journey is Everything
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Serving Schools and Families
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
Grade 4/5 Teacher
Mar 16 2017 | Madison Waldorf School | Madison, WI
We are looking for an individual with a collegial spirit, a love of teaching, a commitment to ongoing personal and professional development, and a desire to help shape the destiny of our growing school.
This job is a full-time teaching position. Qualified candidates have a bachelor’s degree in addition to Waldorf teacher training. Persons currently enrolled in a Waldorf certification program are especially encouraged to apply. The school offers a competitive wage and benefits package including a health care stipend, funding for professional development, and tuition remission.
Founded in 2006, our school serves over 80 children in Early Childhood and the Grades program. In recent years we have devoted significant time and energy toward developing our Middle School program, and there is a great deal of enthusiasm for that aspect of our work. Our curriculum includes Spanish, German, Music, Woodworking, Movement, Eurythmy and Handwork. In addition, we have a parent/child program to introduce young families to Waldorf education. Madison Waldorf School is a developing school with AWSNA and WECAN.
The school is located in the vibrant city of Madison, WI. Home to the state capital and the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, Madison offers one of the richest intellectual and cultural environments in the world for a city of its size. Neighborhood festivals and cultural events of all types abound, and this small city of 280,000 people is truly a place where there is always "too much to do." Madison offers a rich mix of farmer’s markets. natural food co- operatives and stores, and a wide variety of CSAs. Outdoor recreation is also a way of life for Madisonians: along with the city's beautiful location between two large lakes, the city boasts numerous parks and many miles of bike and walking paths.
With all this and more, many residents will claim that Madison offers an ideal place to live and raise a family, and it is no surprise that Madison is regularly cited as one of the most livable cities in the US.
To apply, please email or send a letter of interest (including a brief biographical sketch), three references, and a resume to:
Madison Waldorf School
6510 Schroeder Rd
Madison, WI 53711
Viewed: 170 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »