- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Serving Schools and Families
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Fun, Sun and French! Summer School 2017
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- The Journey is Everything
Kindergarten and Early Childhood
Lead Kindergarten Teacher 2017-18
Mar 17 2017 | Camellia Waldorf School | Sacramento, CA
We offer Parent Toddler classes, thriving preschool and kindergarten classes, and an elementary and middle school. Our program includes Spanish, Music, Eurythmy, Handwook, Woodworking, Movement and more. As a school, we are committed to the fullest development of the curriculum, the health of the teachers, the continued study of Anthroposophy, and a healthy balanced budget.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Working in partnership with our Early Childhood Faculty to sustain and nurture our exceptional multi age Waldorf Kindergarten experience
• Model reverence for self, all people, items and activities in the classroom and school environment.
• Establish a healthy classroom rhythm
• Maintain a general order and aesthetics in the classroom, and engage in ongoing daily preparation of the room, materials, and activities
• Oversee purchase of necessary items for class including ordering snack supplies in bulk before school begins, purchasing crafting materials, etc.
• Direct and support effective ongoing communication with parents, faculty and staff including responding to parent questions and concerns in a timely manner
• Prepare and lead a minimum of four Parent Meetings during the school year including an element of Parent Education at each gathering
• Introduce families to the principles of Waldorf Education, and educate parents about child development and Simplicity Parenting
• Encourage and support the use of Waldorf principles in home life
• Work closely with other teachers, staff, administration and parents to assess and support the development needs of each individual children
• Attend weekly meetings of the Early Childhood Faculty, Full Faculty and other established committees to provide support to colleagues and school policy
• Maintain confidentiality in all student situations
• Help create and uphold Kindergarten and School policies
• Support and participate in school Festivals and other school wide curriculum offerings
• Provide support to our Social Inclusion program and engage in ongoing learning of Simplicity Parenting and Kim John Payne’s work
• Assist with care and feeding, as well as policy development, of our rabbits and chickens
• Work in collaboration with the Enrollment & Outreach Director and Administrator to support the enrollment process including Open House events, family interviews, and student assessments
• Support the WECAN membership process
• Engage in ongoing Waldorf training and educational opportunities, including self study
This is a full time position with benefits available. Applicants must pass LiveScan checks and have a current TB test.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter including a brief personal biography as well as a work resume to
Viewed: 99 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »