- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Serving Schools and Families
- The Journey is Everything
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Waldorf Student Information System
1st Grade Teacher
Mar 18 2017 | Running River School | Sedona, AZ
Candidates must have a collegial spirit enabling them to work closely with committed, passionate parents/board of directors and dedicated colleagues, and be ready to join us whole-heartedly in being an integral and creative part of a developing school serving a growing community. This position would appeal to a teacher looking to participate in the new and creative energy that comes from a budding endeavor, to create positive change through education, and an intimate school/work environment.
We are a young, growing initiative school run by parent volunteers. Through the years we have come to know what it takes to be a part of an initiative: grounded, strong-willed, a wellspring of inner faith, intrinsically motivated and self directed, organized, mature, family-oriented, creative, highly flexible, interested in personal and interpersonal growth, comfortable in a small/intimate community, courageous, open-hearted and able to leave the ego at the door … ready to “roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty” for the good of the planet!
Running River School is accepting applications for a salaried teaching position serving our 1st grade classroom. The individual filling this position will be responsible for guiding their class through a developmentally-appropriate, Waldorf curriculum, as well as some special classes. The ideal candidate for this position is Waldorf certified/OR currently in training (or possibly ready/willing to train), passionate about progressive pedagogy and confident in their ability to make a commitment to a growing initiative.
- Waldorf Grades Teacher Certification (or in training)
- Bachelor’s Degree (a plus)
- Pioneering attitude, exploratory spirit, adventurous with a passion for the outdoors
- Conscious, compassionate, confident, adaptable, flexible and creative
- Respectful and loving with students and a nurturing personality (a must)
- Devotion to ongoing personal and professional development
- Artistically/musically inclined (a plus)
- Gardening knowledge (a plus)
- Desire to live in an artistic, eclectic small town
To apply, please send cover letter, biographical sketch, resume and references to:
Running River School
P.O. Box 299
Sedona, AZ 86339
Or email to: [email protected]
For questions please call 928-301-3232
Learn more about us by visiting our website and Facebook page: www.runningriverschool.org; www.facebook.com/RunningRiverSchool
Viewed: 149 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »