- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Fun, Sun and French! Summer School 2017
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- The Journey is Everything
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Serving Schools and Families
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
First Grade, Fall 2017
Mar 20 2017 | Sebastopol Independent Charter School | Sebastopol, CA
as a First Grade Class Teacher in 2017-2018
Sebastopol Charter School is a K-8 charter school with experienced, Waldorf-trained teachers and a commitment to offering a Waldorf curriculum with integrity. Our parent body is incredibly committed to Waldorf education and works hard to support the faculty and school. Sebastopol Charter was the first charter school to provide Waldorf education in the San Francisco Bay Area 20 years ago. We have purchased a new 20-acre campus with a 10-acre biodynamic farm and we look forward to moving in 2018.
We are financially stable and offer a full Waldorf curriculum of strong subject classes. Our school has about 300 students with many of the classes having 32 students. Currently, every class has a waiting list. Both first grade and second grade has a teacher’s assistant. We place a high value in bringing Steiner’s picture of child development.
We are located in the small city of Sebastopol, in beautiful Sonoma County, 25 minutes from the spectacular Northern California coast and an hour from San Francisco and Berkeley. The ocean breezes tend to keep the summers cool, and the winters mild. Luther Burbank, a botanist, called it “nature’s chosen spot of all the Earth.” Numerous K-8 plus two Waldorf high schools, private and public, populate the area, making Sonoma County “Waldorf Mecca.” You won’t find a better spot to raise a family, connect with colleagues, fulfill your professional development goals, and hone your craft.
Qualified applicants will have a Waldorf Teacher Training Certificate and a current California multiple subjects teaching credential. Waldorf trained and experienced teachers will be considered if willing to pursue a state credential. Successful previous teaching experience is essential. We offer a very competitive compensation package. Please learn more about us at www.sebastopolcharter.org.
Please send your resume, cover letter and 3 reference letters (with contact information) to Chris Topham, Executive Director, [email protected]
Viewed: 70 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »