- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- The Journey is Everything
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Fun, Sun and French! Summer School 2017
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Serving Schools and Families
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Waldorf Student Information System
Kindergarten and Early Childhood
Mar 20 2017 | Trillium Waldorf School | Guelph, Ontario
August 1, 2017 – July 31, 2018
Pro-rated 60% (three days per week) position
Trillium Waldorf School (TWS) is in its 21st year of development, and currently serves 165 students and their parents from birth through Grade Eight. TWS is located on a 3-acre site in the picturesque city of Guelph. Access to a local biodynamic farm, Guelph Lake, and conservation trails allows the school to offer outdoor and farming-based programs. Our dynamic teaching Faculty offers a wealth of diverse experience, and our active mentoring program supports new teachers in their work.
This is for a new, three day kindergarten program. Due to the size of this class, the Lead Teacher will be working independently without an assistant. The position is dependent on this class meeting a set minimum enrollment.
PURPOSE/SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
Kindergarten Lead Teachers are full-time active members of the Faculty who are responsible for providing the kindergarten curriculum according to the philosophy, purpose and curriculum of Waldorf education. Attendance at school events and festivals, as well as assisting at occasional weekend Open Houses, is required.
The ideal candidate will have appropriate Waldorf education certification and extensive experience working with young children. In addition, the following qualities would be required:
- musical and artistic abilities, including experience with storytelling, puppetry and circle work;
- kindness, warmth, patience, energy, and a genuine dedication to Waldorf education;
- ability to create a warm and gentle environment for young children
- experience working with and supporting parents
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
• Waldorf Teacher Education certification. Ability to work within Waldorf guidelines and out of anthroposophy.
• Minimum University Bachelor Degree and two years teaching experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; approachable for students, parents and colleagues.
• Excellent conflict resolution skills.
• Willingness and proven ability to work within a community environment.
• Recent Police Check and CPR-First Aid Training.
DEADLINE: APRIL 6, 2017
We invite interested applicants to send a cover letter, resumé, and references to:
Human Resources Committee ~ Trillium Waldorf School
540 Victoria Road North Guelph, ON N1E 6Z4 We prefer it be sent to email: [email protected]
Trillium Waldorf School is committed to employment equity, and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all candidates in advance, but can only contact those selected for an interview
Viewed: 70 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »