- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Serving Schools and Families
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- The Journey is Everything
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Waldorf Student Information System
Middle School Music Teacher
Mar 28 2017 | Mountain Sage Community School | Fort Collins, CO
Mountain Sage Community School is seeking a part-time middle school music teacher (grades 6-8) to teach middle school recorder ensemble. At Mountain Sage Community school, students develop instrumental (soprano recorder/pentatonic flute) skills at the elementary level and then branch into a recorder ensemble experience with recorders in four voicing (soprano, alto, tenor, bass). As a member of a team of teachers, the music teacher must be committed to developing a strong music curriculum of age-appropriate learning aligned with Waldorf principles of child development and be willing to coach and support classroom teachers who will also play a role in developing the recorder ensemble skills of each class. The ideal candidate will have experience leading recorder ensembles with an intimate knowledge of the four voicing, strong classroom management skills, Waldorf training or a deep understanding of Waldorf education and a passion for co-creation.
Bachelor’s Degree and PLACE or PRAXIS certification
Hold a degree in Music.
Preferred Qualifications:•Waldorf teacher certification and/or experience
•2+ years of experience teaching Music in a public school
Salary and Benefits:
Salary for this part-time position will be based on a relative percentage of the full-time base salary ($34,000/year) with increases commensurate with experience. We offer competitive compensation and state retirement benefits.
Candidates interested in pursuing the Music Teacher position should review the school’s website prior to applying: www.mountainsage.org. We accept applications via email. No phone calls please. Please email a cover letter articulating your relationship to teaching Music, a resume, and three professional references to: [email protected] Please indicate Music Teacher in the subject line of the email. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. You will be contacted by a member of the Hiring Committee if we are interested in pursuing your application. Mountain Sage Community School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Viewed: 185 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »