- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Serving Schools and Families
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- The Journey is Everything
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
Mar 28 2017 | Mountain Sage Community School | Fort Collins, CO
Mountain Sage Community School seeks a German teacher for Grades 1-7 for the 2017-2018 academic year.
In the lower elementary grades German instruction is based on an immersion approach that focuses on listening comprehension and speaking skills by way of stories, puppetry, song and games. Writing and reading are introduced slowly beginning in second grade while grammar is introduced thematically in the upper elementary grades. Textbooks are not used by students, but rather students write and illustrate their own German book throughout the course of the year. Beginning in sixth grade language instruction is structured more conventionally and homework and quizzes are incorporated into the class rhythm with the purpose of preparing students to enter upper level language classes in high school.
Mentoring, regular observations, and collaboration will be available.
Documented evidence from an accepted, regionally accredited college or university indicating completion of 24 semester hours of college level coursework that meet the minimum requirement in each of the areas listed below. This may include a maximum of six semester hours of documented professional development or work experience.
Hold a degree in a German.
A passing score on one (1) of the following World Language content exams: (Check one option below and upload a copy of your official score report)
- A passing score on Praxis World Language Exams in the target language.
- A passing score of 220 or higher on PLACE World Language Exam in target language.
The last administration for all PLACE exams will be May 6, 2017 and will be accepted for 5 years until May 6, 2022.
Preferred Qualifications:•Waldorf teacher certification and/or experience
•2+ years of experience teaching German in a public school
Salary and Benefits:
Salary for this part-time position will be based on a relative percentage of the full-time base salary ($34,000/year) with increases commensurate with experience. We offer competitive compensation and state retirement benefits.
Candidates interested in pursuing the German Teacher position should review the school’s website prior to applying: www.mountainsage.org. We accept applications via email. No phone calls please. Please email a cover letter articulating your relationship to teaching German, a resume, and three professional references to: [email protected] Please indicate German Teacher in the subject line of the email. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. You will be contacted by a member of the Hiring Committee if we are interested in pursuing your application. Mountain Sage Community School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Viewed: 103 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »