- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- The Journey is Everything
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
High School and Middle School Math and Science Teacher,
Apr 05 2017 | Hartsbrook School | Hadley, MA 01035
The Hartsbrook School is seeking a two-thirds time math and science teacher for the 2017 - 2018 school year, with the possibility of a full-time position in the future.
This position includes teaching some or all of the following courses
• Grade 7 Math Track Classes ( 3- 4 times/week)
• Grade 8 Math Track Classes (3 - 4 times/week)
• Grade 9 Algebra (4/week)
• Grade 12 Business Math (4/week)
• Grades 9 and 10 Chemistry Main Lessons ( daily, 3 - 4 weeks)
Our ideal candidate will have Waldorf high school teacher training, a Bachelor’s degree, and teaching experience, or be willing to invest in Waldorf teacher training.
The Hartsbrook School was founded in 1981 with five pre-school students in a little farmhouse. We now have 250 students with programming from Parent-Infant classes to Grade 12. Our faculty numbers around 60, with 10 staff members and an active and supportive Board of Directors. In September of 2002 we started a high school with a ninth grade class, and we currently have 56 students in grades 9--12.
Our school has been a full member of AWSNA since 1988 and is accredited by AWSNA and the New England Association of School and Colleges.
Our campus has twenty open rolling acres of land with a view of the Holyoke Mountains. We are situated in the middle of the five-college area of the pastoral Pioneer Valley, which offers many world-class cultural events, restaurants, movies, galleries and boutiques, dancing, music and theatre. The rural town of Hadley is located between Amherst and Northampton (recently named the small town arts capitol of the United States). We are a two-hour drive from Boston, a three-hour drive from New York City, and one hour from Vermont. For more information, please view our website: www.hartsbrook.org. where you can also view a video about the school.
Salary: Our current range is $23,450 - $33,500 for a two-thirds position, commensurate with experience.
Benefits: We offer a generous pro-rated benefit package which includes health and dental insurance, short and long term disability insurance, a 403(b) plan, and tuition remission for enrolled children.
We encourage candidates to send a letter of interest, resume and the names of three references to [email protected] as soon as possible. We accept applications on a rolling basis.
Viewed: 185 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »