- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- The Journey is Everything
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Serving Schools and Families
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
Eurythmy Teacher - Full time
Apr 06 2017 | Urban Prairie Waldorf School | Chicago, IL
We are a dynamic and forward thinking, Urban Prairie Waldorf School that is supported by an involved community as well as a highly inspired, enthusiastic and energetic faculty and administration. We are proud of our positive collegial relationships and a truly enjoyable work environment. We currently serve over 160 students in grades 1 - 8. UPWS and our sister Waldorf Early Childhood center, City Garden, continue to see robust growth in all aspects of our schools. Urban Prairie is an exciting, challenging and vigorous environment to work in, and we seek like-minded teachers, who are passionate and committed to providing children with an exemplary Waldorf education. In support of our commitment and vision, we believe strongly in investing heavily in our employees and offer excellent compensation, benefits, and professional development, mentoring and support.
Our curriculum includes Eurythmy, Spanish, Mandarin, handwork, music, orchestra, movement, woodwork and other practical arts. Our campus features large sunny classrooms, an assembly hall, a school garden, a blacksmith forge, and nearby parks and green space.
We are aggressively seeking a Eurythmy Instructor in need of a permanent home that can lead our pedagogical Eurythmy program and oversee the Therapeutic Eurythmy program in all grades.
Candidates must have:
• Experience teaching elementary-age children.
• A Bachelor's degree is preferred as well as having Waldorf education and completed the Eurythmy training.
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and willingness to learn and work with internal software programs for parent communication. All teachers are required to write students reports during the school as well as communicate with the parent body.
• We seek applicants that have an enthusiasm for bringing Waldorf education to our thriving urban environment. Qualified applicants must be able to work in a collaborative manner with their counterpart teacher in an environment of mutual support.
• The position requires flexible hours and may include other duties such as recess, homeroom, and evening and weekend hours for community events.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and reference contact information to [email protected]
Viewed: 142 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »