- The Journey is Everything
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Serving Schools and Families
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
First Grade Teacher
Apr 10 2017 | Malamalama Waldorf School | Keaau, Hawaii - The Big Island
Our School Community
You will find yourself immersed in a community filled with open and loving individuals. Visitors to our school immediately comment on the feelings of warmth and acceptance as they experience first-hand the beauty of our school and its delivery of Waldorf education.
We are proud to be a Candidate Member school with AWSNA and accredited by WECAN, HAIS, and WASC.
Malamalama Waldorf School was founded in 1978 by a group of devoted parents and educators seeking a different educational experience for children in the Puna district of the Big Island. MWS is located in the residential subdivision of Hawaiian Paradise Park, nestled on a 20-acre parcel in a beautiful rainforest setting. In 1979 MWS was incorporated as an independent, non-profit educational and cultural organization in the State of Hawaii. The school is a well-respected member of the Big Island community with over 30 years dedicated to Waldorf Education preschool through 8th Grade. Our graduates regularly go on to hold top academic honors in high school, including graduating valedictorians and salutatorians. They are also leaders in athletic, artistic, and performing arts endeavors.
The Big Island of Hawaii is rich in cultural diversity as well as boasting a most unusual landscape including an active volcano, ranch lands, and beaches. You can surf in the morning and don winter apparel for a jaunt to the summit of Mauna Kea in the afternoon.
On the Big Island, we are blessed with a beautiful natural environment, rich cultural opportunities, temperate climate, relatively low cost of living, and affordable housing options. The school’s salary together with its generous benefit package supports a moderate lifestyle.
Malamalama Waldorf School is seeking trained, certified Waldorf teachers who also hold a Bachelor degree or higher. Previous Waldorf teaching experience is preferred.
Interested applicants are welcome to send a letter of introduction, resume, college transcripts, Waldorf certifications, and three references to the Recruiting Committee at Malamalama Waldorf School.
HC 3 Box 13068 ● Keaau, Hawaii 96749 ● phone 808-982-7701 ● fax 808-982-7806
E-mail [email protected]
Viewed: 147 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »