- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Serving Schools and Families
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- The Journey is Everything
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
Apr 16 2017 | Nelson Waldorf School | Nelson, BC Canada
This position is a full-time permanent position with responsibilities to include delivering the Waldorf Curriculum, student assessments and goals, collegial faculty responsibilities, as well as parent communication and relationships. NWS salary range for a class teacher is $42,500 – $53,497 with incremental consideration for work experience in Waldorf Schools. Benefits include medical, life insurance and long term disability insurance. Tuition Benefit is available to all employees.
The Nelson Waldorf School is a flourishing school of 170 students from Kindergarten to Class Eight and we are committed to excellence in our education. Our eight class teachers are Waldorf trained and experienced. We offer a rich Waldorf program for our students which includes Eurythmy, Music, French, Handwork, Woodwork and Movement Education. Our Middle School students engage in a wide variety of Outdoor Education experiences. We work strongly with Kim John Payne’s Social Inclusion approach and have an administrator for this work who also works closely with the academic needs of our students. Our Education Director has taught three class cycles at our school and mentors all of our teachers as well as supports parent work throughout the school.
The Nelson Waldorf School is situated in a rural setting, on a beautiful mountainside 5 minutes from downtown Nelson. Nelson is a small city, located on the shores of Kootenay Lake and is a mecca for music and the arts.
Preference will be given to candidates with Waldorf Teacher Training and experience but we are open to speaking to teachers who have certification and are pursuing or are willing to pursue Waldorf Teacher training.
Please submit resume and three references to [email protected]
Viewed: 97 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »