- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Serving Schools and Families
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Waldorf Student Information System
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
Kindergarten and Early Childhood
Nursery Lead Teacher
Apr 17 2017 | Highland Hall Waldorf School | Northridge
• The position requires BA Degree and possession of 12 Early Childhood Education units and the completion of a Waldorf Teacher Training program and legal authorization to work in the United States.
• The full-time position requires the teacher to be in the classroom daily from 8:00 A.M. until the children are settled for nap, and also substitute as needed in the afternoon.
• The lead teacher plans and carries out all curriculum and festivals in the classroom including morning circle, story, snack, painting, crafts, cooking and baking.
• The lead teacher is knowledgeable of Title 22 and Social Service regulations, and complies with them. All teachers must have the state required 12 ECE units, and be CPR and first aid trained.
• The lead teachers work together to determine a child’s readiness at a point of transition, as well as placement in the appropriate class. There are two major transitions that occur during the early childhood years. These are the transitions from nursery to kindergarten, and from kindergarten to first grade.
• The lead teacher oversees the physical environment and notifies the proper bodies of the school for maintenance and repairs.
PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIPS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides information and opportunities for parents to deepen their understanding of Waldorf education and Steiner’s view of child development.
• Provides regular communication with the class and individual parents as needed.
• Conducts between 5-7 parent/class meetings per school year.
• Makes home visits to families in the class as needed.
• Holds parent conferences, at least one per year for each child.
• Directs and supervises the work of the assistant and nap teacher.
• Completes an evaluation review of assistant and nap teacher each school year.
• Meets regularly with assistant to discuss the class or specific children.
• Makes a commitment to communicate with colleagues on pedagogical or personal matters as needed.
• Is willing to seek assistance if difficulties with colleagues arise.
• Participates in peer review process or in an outside review process as indicated by the school.
• Initiates and participates in child studies.
• Is engaged in ongoing personal and professional development, including by not limited to workshops, conferences (both Waldorf and mainstream) and classroom visits.
• Participates in weekly faculty meetings.
• Participates in Open Houses, parent education, orientations, Mornings in the ECC and other marketing and outreach commitments as needed.
• Takes on committee work at level expected by faculty.
• Participates in faculty development work.
• Interviews prospective families.
• Acquires materials and supplies as needed, working with the ECC budget.
• Plans for future needs of the ECC with the other teachers.
To be considered, candidates must have completed a BA Degree, 12 Early Childhood Education units and the completion of a Waldorf Teacher Training program. All state required vaccines must be current as well as having current TB test results. Candidate must also be CPR certified. Candidate must undergo Live Scan (fingerprinting) and a background check prior to being hired.
Qualified Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and transcripts showing courses for the required ECE units to [email protected]
Viewed: 80 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »