- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Serving Schools and Families
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Waldorf Student Information System
- The Journey is Everything
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
Kindergarten and Early Childhood
Early Childhood Nap Assistant
Apr 18 2017 | The Denver Waldorf School | Denver
The Denver Waldorf School (DWS) is looking for an Early Childhood Nap Assistant, beginning August 2017. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong love of working with children ages three-and-a-half to six, an interest in Waldorf education, and the ability to work well in a collegial setting. As our Early Childhood program is often a parent’s first introduction to Waldorf education, the ability to communicate clearly and regularly with parents is an essential skill for this position. Nap assistants are also required to participate in CPR and First Aid training offered at the school.
This position includes supervision of the children on the playground, cleaning up the room, and supporting the Lead Teacher and Lead Assistant at lunchtime and during and after nap. Responsibilities of the nap assistant also include interacting closely with the group of children, nurturing and tending the domestic and artistic life of the classroom, sharing in the care of the greater classroom environment, and supporting and providing an atmosphere of security, warmth, and joy. Beginning at 3:15 the Nap Assistant will work in the aftercare program with a mixed age group.
The hours are from 11:00 a.m. – 4:30/4:45 p.m.
The base salary is $13.00/hour. Opportunities for ongoing professional development are strongly supported.
If you are interested please send your resume and contact information for three personal references to:
The Denver Waldorf School
2100 S. Pennsylvania St.
Denver, CO 80210
or e-mail to [email protected]
Viewed: 46 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »