- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- The Journey is Everything
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Serving Schools and Families
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
Apr 18 2017 | Shining Mountain Waldorf School | Boulder
Program: Lower School
Reports to: Pedagogical Director and Class Teachers
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date: March 2017
This position works with the 2nd and 3rd Grade Class teachers to teach the students about plants, planting, cultivating and caring for the Lower School Garden. The gardening cycles include planting in the Spring and Fall. The position maintains the garden through the summer months including watering, pruning and weeding. Teaching the children about gardening through stories and imaginative vignettes of life in the garden.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Teaching includes (2) 40-45 minute periods over a 9-week period in the Spring. This time is coordinated and the allotment of time will be determined by the 2nd Grade Class teacher, paid at teaching rate of $25.00 per hour
• Teaching includes (2) 40-45 minute periods over a 9-week period in the Fall. This time is coordinated and the allotment of time will be determined by the 3nd Grade Class teacher, paid at teaching rate of $25.00 per hour
• Care of the garden through weeding and harvesting through the summer months, expected to be 2 times a week - 3-4-hours, paid at gardening rate of $ 15.00 per hour
• Coordinate a 2nd Grade Class parent work day to prepare the garden for planting in the Spring – 4-6 hours, paid at gardening rate of $ 15.00 per hour
• Additional gardening if requested
• In accordance with the SMWS philosophy, the person filling this position may occasionally be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in accordance with the duties listed above
Education and Qualifications / Regulations
• Proven gardening experience; preferably biodynamic gardening
• Outdoor work in established campus gardens
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
o Kneeling, bending, digging in dirt
o Talking, teaching
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Shining Mountain Waldorf School is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three references to [email protected]
Viewed: 93 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »