- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Serving Schools and Families
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
Kindergarten and Early Childhood
Nursery Nap Assistant
Apr 18 2017 | The Denver Waldorf School | Denver
The Denver Waldorf School (DWS) is looking for an Early Childhood Nap Assistant, for the 2017-2018 school year. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong love of working with children ages three-and-a-half to six, have CDHS Early Childhood Assistant qualification, an interest in Waldorf education, and the ability to work well in a collegial setting. As our Early Childhood program is often a parent’s first introduction to Waldorf education, the ability to communicate clearly and regularly with parents is an essential skill for this position. Nap assistants are also required to participate in CPR and First Aid training offered at the school. This position is located at our off campus location in the Congress Park neighborhood of Denver.
This position includes supervision of the children on the playground, cleaning up the room, and supporting the Lead Teacher and Lead Assistant at lunchtime and during and after nap. Responsibilities of the nap assistant also include interacting closely with the group of children, nurturing and tending the domestic and artistic life of the classroom, sharing in the care of the greater classroom environment, and supporting and providing an atmosphere of security, warmth, and joy.
The hours are from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The base salary is $14.00/hour. Opportunities for ongoing professional development are strongly supported.
If you are interested please send your resume and contact information for three personal references to:
The Denver Waldorf School
2100 S. Pennsylvania St.
Denver, CO 80210
or e-mail to [email protected]
Viewed: 47 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »