- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Serving Schools and Families
- The Journey is Everything
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
Kindergarten and Early Childhood
Early Childhood Assistant
Apr 19 2017 | Ithaca Waldorf School | Ithaca, NY
Ithaca Waldorf School is seeking an Assistant teacher for a five-day Early Childhood (ages 3-6 years old) program. Ideal candidates are friendly, open, well-spoken, warm, and interested in eventually completing full certification as Waldorf Early Childhood teachers. Ithaca Waldorf School has three Early Childhood classrooms, each taught by a lead kindergarten teacher with an assistant.
The independent, not-for-profit Ithaca Waldorf School is authorized by the New York State Department of Education to provide instruction through Grade 8. A fully-accredited member of the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America (WECAN), we are currently a developing school with the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America. The Ithaca Waldorf School is nestled in the New York Finger Lakes on an 80-acre organic campus composed of field, forest and a biodynamic and educational farm. Our faculty enjoys a warm collegial relationship and receives support for professional development, tuition remission for enrolled children, and health benefits.
Ithaca is home to Cornell University and Ithaca College, which offer our community a rich cultural life. The city is situated at the foot of beautiful Cayuga Lake, and is a wonderful place to raise a family.
Applicants should email a letter of interest, resume, three references including most recent school employer, and a brief biography, to the Hiring Committee c/o Karen Lonsky, ([email protected]) Early Childhood Teacher.
The Ithaca Waldorf School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or handicapping conditions in its educational programs or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment that is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program to which application has been made.
Viewed: 97 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »