- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- The Journey is Everything
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
Apr 19 2017 | Sanderling Waldorf School | Carlsbad
50% FTE 2017-2018
Weary of gray skies and freezing winters? Southern California beckons. Sanderling Waldorf School, Pre-K-Grade 8, is in its 20th year, in the north coastal area of San Diego. A truly unique setting, situated along the Pacific coastline characterized by cliffs, sandy beaches, flat-topped coastal areas, rolling hills, steep mesa bluffs and near-perfect weather year-round.
Sanderling Waldorf School invites you to consider becoming our Pedagogical Coordinator in the fall of 2017. We are seeking an individual with experience and understanding who will guide our experienced faculty in serving our warm and dynamic community.
We value the ability to work collaboratively among colleagues, dedication to the whole school, and the ability to communicate a passion for Waldorf Education.
We offer a generous salary and benefits package.
The Pedagogical Coordinator is an integral part of the school’s Threefold Structure acting as the school’s pedagogical guide, overseeing processes that ensure the school’s pedagogical quality, consistency, coherence, and continuity. This key role is responsible for the success of the school’s pedagogical program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Pedagogical Coordination – 50% Time
The primary responsibilities of the Pedagogical Coordinator are classified within 3 categories:
Support of Pedagogical Development: In collaboration with the Pedagogical Development Committee
Planning: In collaboration with the Calendar/scheduling committee
Communication and Parent Enrichment: In collaboration with the Outreach and Steering Committees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to understand, accept, and promote the cultural values of this Waldorf School, including the teachings of Rudolf Steiner and Anthroposophical concepts.
• Skills to guide and support the faculty through processes of organizational and cultural change.
• Demonstrated ability to balance competing demands and satisfy the conflicting needs of a multi-client based constituency with tact, diplomacy, and humor.
• Demonstrated commitment to collaboration, objectivity, relationship and consensus building as well as conflict resolution.
• Timely, well organized, and able to effectively manage multiple projects, and have excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities and maintain accountability.
• Ability to convert strategies into effective operational activities and achievements in a timely manner.
EDUCATION AND RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
• Waldorf training and teaching experience, preferably in multiple areas (Early Childhood, Grades, Specialty Subjects and/or High School) with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a classroom setting.
• Previous successful leadership experience in a Waldorf context, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
• Strong and active relationship to Anthroposophy.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
To learn more about our school, please visit us at our website: sanderlingwaldorf.org
Applicants please send via email:
• Cover letter
• Current resume
• Three professional references
Send your application to: Pedagogical Chair, Shivani Burrows-Goodwill
Viewed: 76 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »