- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- The Journey is Everything
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Serving Schools and Families
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
Grades Teacher at Waldorf Methods Charter School
Apr 19 2017 | Woodland Charter School | Murphy, Oregon
Our school community will welcome you to wonderful southern Oregon, where the living is affordable and the land is beautiful and varied. We are one-two hours from: Crater Lake, the Stout Grove (giant redwoods), the Oregon Coast, and the Pacific Crest Trail, with many accessible high peaks. Our amazing local river systems offer rafting, kayaking, and swimming for water enthusiasts. Biodynamic and organic farms abound in this temperate zone, and we have many farmers in our school community.
Our school, which opened in October 2012 with 60 students, expects an enrollment of 200 students in September 2017 in grades 1- 8. Grades 1 though 8 will be stand-alone classes with 25 students each. Our curriculum includes the following special subjects: Spanish Language, Music (includes choral singing and string instruments), Handwork, Woodworking, Games/Movement and Gardening.
We are seeking imaginative, skillful, and confident Lead Teachers. Lead teachers will be employed full-time and will be responsible for teaching main lesson, skills practice, and special subjects to grade level classes. Ideally, grades teachers will take their classes through the 8th grade.
Lead Teacher qualifications:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an education related major
• Waldorf teaching certification or willingness to enroll in a Waldorf teaching program
• Oregon certification or registration with the TSPC, or the ability to be certified or registered
• Enthusiastic, creative, and loving with students
• Skill in art, music, drama, spatial dynamics, and/or foreign language
• Ability to work well with colleagues, administration, and parent
• Competitive pay and benefits package
• Step pay increases related to continuing education
• Mentorship program
• Full medical and dental coverage
• Pension plan through the state of Oregon
Please submit a resume, letter of interest, a brief biography, copies of transcripts and 3 professional references to [email protected]
Viewed: 75 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »