- The Journey is Everything
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Serving Schools and Families
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
Grades Teacher needed for the 2017/18 school year
Apr 20 2017 | Tacoma Waldorf School | Tacoma, WA
Tacoma sits along the shores of Commencement Bay with majestic Mount Rainier in close proximity. Tacoma is closely surrounded by the Cascade and Olympic mountain ranges, rainforests, and extensive water ways. The surrounding area provides many opportunities for adventuring with biking, hiking, sailing, skiing/snowboarding, camping and more. Tacoma’s art and cultural community is flourishing. People continue to locate to Tacoma because of our city’s affordability, comfortable community and our revered and supportive arts community. We are close to opportunities for professional development and Waldorf teacher training with the Sound Circle Center for Arts and Anthroposophy in Seattle.
Tacoma Waldorf School is a growing community with an enthusiastic, hardworking, and embracing parent body and a dedicated, supportive, and lively faculty. We welcome cultural, ethnic, and socio-economical diversity in our student body and faculty. We currently offer Parent Child classes, preschool, kindergarten and grades 1 through 5.
We are seeking a Grades Teacher for the 2017-2018 school year. Our ideal candidate has Waldorf teaching experience, Waldorf Teacher Training and holds a Bachelor’s degree. We are eager to meet candidates who possess strong communication skills, flexibility, commitment, creativity, and knowledge of child development in light of Anthroposophy. If you are passionate about Waldorf education and bringing it to the broader community, have a pioneering spirit, and are inspired to grow with the children each year, then this is the job for you.
Our salary for experienced full time teachers with Waldorf certification includes increments for teaching and educational experience. Full time faculty receives medical and dental health benefits Candidates with Waldorf teacher training certification or equivalent experience are preferred.
Our school is growing! We have a gorgeous new location and room to expand not only our class size but our grade range over the next few years. Join our community and be a part of the exciting expansion!
Please E-mail a letter of introduction, your resume, a brief biography, and three letters of recommendation to the attention of Hiring Committee to [email protected]
Viewed: 68 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »