- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Serving Schools and Families
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- The Journey is Everything
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
Teach First Grade in Sunny San Diego
Apr 20 2017 | NUA Sparrow | La Mesa, Ca.
As an expanding program, we are seeking CA credentialed candidates who have a deep love of students and of teaching as well as a sense of purpose in bringing Waldorf education to the public realm. The school is in its sixth year and currently includes Grades K-7. 8th grade will be added next year. Grades teachers will stay with their classes as it fits both class & teacher, and will be expected to integrate Waldorf teaching methods with the California Common Core standards. All of the teachers at Sparrow School are Waldorf trained or actively pursuing certification, and committed to Rudolf Steiner’s indications.
What we’re looking for in our teachers:
• Experience and training with Waldorf teaching methods
• Experience teaching elementary school
• Classroom management that is neither permissive nor punitive, and that is based on developing the children’s intrinsic motivation (based on methods of Positive Discipline in the Classroom by Jane Nelson)
• Willingness to collaborate and be a reflective teacher and staff member
• Strong sense of self to be a model of truth, beauty, and love for the students
Sparrow School offers a competitive salary, additional increments for teaching experience and academic and professional credentials, excellent benefits, and ongoing professional development and mentoring. In addition, faculty are affiliated with National University and receive a tuition discount for pursuing a Master’s degree.
San Diego is often referred to as “America’s Finest City”, as it’s known for its beautiful weather, pristine beaches, friendly people and a plethora of entertainment, as well as hosting many museums and lush botanical gardens and parks.
As a staff we work closely together to support one another and our expanding program. Each one of us has a voice in establishing new practices and revising old ones as we consistently monitor our progress. As a close-knit group, we honor positive communication, and respect one another’s input. We are a group of forward thinking, inspired, and determined individuals.
• Fully-credentialed with multiple subject or single subject credential to work in a California public school
• Waldorf certified or actively pursuing Waldorf certification
To apply, send biography and resume to [email protected]
Viewed: 62 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »