- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Serving Schools and Families
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
- Everything a Teacher Needs
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Waldorf Student Information System
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Find Yourself - In the Middle of Nowhere
School Store Manager
Apr 20 2017 | Waldorf School of the Peninsula | Los Altos, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
• Support the Waldorf educational process
• Encourage and foster creativity and healthy, imaginative play
• Support parents, family life and community
• Inspire and foster spiritual activity and inner development
The store has Waldorf school supplies, natural materials and tools for individuals, handcraft groups, workshops and classes. Beautiful objects of quality, natural materials and craftsmanship support the care of infants and young children, festival celebrations, gift giving and appreciation, and supplies for artists and craftspeople. The store also has an extensive selection of books on: Waldorf Education; Child Development; Current Educational and Parenting Issues; Children’s Literature, Poetry and Music; Cooking; Health, Illness and Death; Anthroposophy; Parenting; Festivals, Celebrations; Arts and Crafts; Gardening; Adult Spirituality and Inner Development.
The store serves as an important point of contact, good will, and provides education for community members and the greater community. The store is open to the public.
• Process sales and orders and record transactions in Quickbooks
• Display, stock and inventory merchandise
• Keep the store clean and neat and attractive
• Prepare monthly news updates in The Messenger to keep sales high.
• Manage the volunteers in the store
• Operate the Holiday Faire Boutique
• Full-time hours to increase inventory & prepare for the Holiday Faire Boutique
• Train and manage the temporary Assistant
• Set up and Tear down of the Holiday Faire Boutique
• Organize volunteers to relocate and run the Holiday Faire Boutique
• Prepare year-end physical inventory for the school store.
• Maintain and update filing.
• Ad hoc requests.
Experience and Requirements
• Fundamental knowledge of accounting theory; some secondary education in accounting a plus.
• Familiarity with Quickbooks software.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and email.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Store Merchandising
Hours are an average of 25 per week.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, a letter of interest, and a brief biography with the subject line stating “School Store Manager" to [email protected]
Viewed: 102 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »