- Adult Education for Social Renewal
- Jamie York Books, Resources, Workshops
- Waldorf Training in Australia
- Hiring Class Teachers Now
- Teacher Education at Sophia’s Hearth
- Every Human Being Has a Singing Voice
- Immersive Academics and Arts
- Lectures by Eugene Schwartz
- The Journey is Everything
- Quality Education in the Heartland
- Online Conferences: June-September 2017
- For Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- Serving Schools and Families
- Waldorf Student Information System
- June & July in the Temperate Northwest
- Summer Courses on Vancouver Island
- Bay Area Teacher Training This Summer
- Taking Time and Giving Space to Grow
Apr 20 2017 | Mountain Sage Community School | Fort Collins, CO
Mountain Sage Community School is a K-8 public, charter school inspired by Waldorf education and sustainable living, located in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Summary of Position:
The paraprofessional at Mountain Sage works with a diverse group of elementary school children who need extra support in and out of the classroom. The paraprofessional supports classroom teachers in order to provide differentiated lessons in the classroom, and assists as required for a various activities. The paraprofessional also stays connected with Special Education teacher, and in some cases, works with students on IEPs under the direction of the Special Education teacher. The paraprofessional may provide individual and small group instruction in and outside the classroom, and may support students having behavioral difficulties, as well. The paraprofessional collaborates with Student Success Teams, Intervention Committee, and other support services personnel, as needed.
• Support students in working through academic, social, and emotional problems
• Supervise and assist students in classroom and in non-classroom settings (hallways, playground, etc.)
• Utilize a positive reinforcement behavior model while monitoring behavior across settings
• Assist and implement discipline measures as necessary
• Communicate students’ progress and needs with appropriate staff and educational team
• Assist in implementing lessons to meet Individual Education Plans (IEP) and student intervention goals
• Morning and afternoon traffic duties, as well as lunch & recess coverage responsibilities
• Strong language arts and mathematics skills in order to effectively to assist K-8 classroom work.
• Knowledge of positive reinforcement behavior model techniques
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
• Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in all aspects of the job
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to supervise students, and defuse volatile and stressful situations with students
• Positive attitude and ability to take direction and feedback as well as to collaborate
Two years of related experience working with students (special and/or general education)
Waldorf-training and/or experience
Education college course work
CPR/first aid skills and training
Salary and Benefits:
$12.00 per hour with state retirement benefits, and health benefits.
Candidates who are interested in pursuing this full-time Paraprofessional position should visit our school website prior to applying: www.mountainsage.org. We appreciate receiving applications via email. No phone calls. Please send a cover letter articulating your relationship to Waldorf education and sustainability, resume, and three professional references. Send to: [email protected] Please indicate “Paraprofessional” in the subject line of the email. We will accept applications until the position is filled.
Viewed: 89 times
Add a Job Listing
Join the Mailing List!
Each week receive the Waldorf News Weekly Update, full of news, events, and more. Keep abreast of what's happening with Waldorf education.
Waldorf GalleryFeaturing over 900 images of student work from around the world.
Browse images »