Director of Admissions
Position: Director of Admissions
Status: Full-time, Salaried
Linden Waldorf School is seeking a qualified and motivated individual to serve as the Director of Admissions. The Director of Admissions acts as the primary contact for prospective families interested in enrolling in the school. This includes directing and managing the entire student admission process from recruitment through 8th grade matriculation. The ideal candidate for this position is organized, detail-oriented, and a strong communicator. As a member of the administrative team, the Director of Admissions plays a vital role in the growth and development of the school and is flexible and adaptable in regard to work assignments.
This person will work as a part of a committed team and be an active member of our school community. All employees are subject to the requirements of the Employee Handbook.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Direct all recruiting and re-enrollment activity including, but not limited to, organizing and scheduling tours, obtaining documents for admission, integrating new families into the school, supporting transitioning students.
- Monitor and manage tuition assistance as a member of the Tuition Assistance Committee.
- Gather and analyze enrollment data for financial and strategic decision-making.
- Direct admissions decisions and prospective student assessments.
- Organize and lead campus tours, promotional events, students interviews, and other admissions activities.
- Assist in the creation of promotional materials and social media posts.
- Support the Director of Advancement on fundraising events and identifying key donors.
- Coordinate and manage the re-enrollment process for returning families.
- Schedule open houses and assist in planning, organizing, and managing LWS outreach events.
- Collaborate with Nashville high school admissions offices to arrange school visits and student placements.
- Counsel 8th grade families about high school options and facilitate applications.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with Google Suite.
- Ability to plan and manage projects, prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with diverse groups.
- Ability to multi-task and determine priorities to meet deadlines and schedules, both independently and supervised.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment, often dealing with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain a professional disposition, regardless of the situation.
- Must embrace the mission, vision, and values of Linden Waldorf School.
This job description indicates the general duties and physical requirements of work performed by the employee with this job designation. It should not be interpreted or construed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and physical requirements required of the employee assigned to this job, as these might vary from day to day or as business needs demand.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
Experience working in an educational or school setting
Interest in and appreciation for Waldorf education
Previous experience working in independent school admissions
Salary is scaled based on experience and education.
It is the policy of Linden Waldorf School to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, status as a covered veteran, or any other legally protected status, in accordance with federal and state law, and not to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Please visit our website to apply.