Handwork Assistant Teacher
Rudolf Steiner School (RSS) seeks a Handwork Assistant Teacher. Strong candidates will have some Lower School teaching experience, ideally in a Waldorf school. Our school includes experienced mentor-teachers and in-house professional development opportunities; this position could be the right fit for an enthusiastic early-career teacher. As members of the Lower School faculty, assistant teachers have the opportunity to work collaboratively with one another on a daily basis and in regular departmental, area, and all-school meetings.
RSS, an independent nursery to 12 school and the first Waldorf School in North America, is located on Manhattan's Upper East Side. The school is committed to building a healthy, inclusive community that reflects the diversity of NYC. We value an interest in diversity and multi-cultural competence. RSS is accredited by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA) and the New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Fluent in Knitting, Crocheting, Embroidery, Hand-sewing, Machine sewing and sewing, knitting, crocheting, and correcting mistakes
- Full participation in school life including faculty meetings, professional development opportunities, evening events for current and prospective parents, special school events, and more
- Additional duty hours which include recess coverage and substitution as needed
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree:
- Interest in and appreciation for Waldorf Education
- Commitment to professional growth including further education in Waldorf teaching
- Versatility, enthusiasm, punctuality, creativity
To be considered for the Handwork Assistant Teacher position, please submit a letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for three references to our Employment Page. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Rudolf Steiner School, Inc. is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization incorporated under the laws of New York State and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, gender, religion, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity, gender expression, predisposing genetic characteristics, disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.