Waldorf Early Childhood/Kindergarten Lead Teacher - Sunrise School of Ormond Beach
Sunrise School of Ormond Beach, a brand new Waldorf-inspired school launching in January of 2024, is seeking a passionate and dedicated Waldorf Early Childhood/Kindergarten Lead Teacher!
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Waldorf teaching certification OR significant Waldorf teaching experience. Homeschool experience counts.
- A strong affinity for the teachings and philosophies of Rudolf Steiner.
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Desire to be part of a team, to dream big, create, and grow with us!
- Willingness and desire to be a part of a brand new school, starting from scratch
- Valid Florida Teacher Certification
The perfect candidate for this position is going to be someone who is committed to their own inner work and personal growth; someone who takes care of themselves physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, and who values a holistic lifestyle. We’re looking for someone who is incredibly self-motivated, who is enamored with Waldorf Pedagogy, and who can easily explain to parents why this method of educating children is the best available. Our school is in a beautiful but small beach town, where a Waldorf school has never before existed, but is deeply needed.
More details on what we are looking for:
- A creative and inspiring person with excellent leadership skills and light-filled values
- Someone who has artistic potential/talent across multiple mediums
- Waldorf/Lifeways early childhood teacher training (strong experience and ability will also be considered)
- Lead teaching experience and ability to "hold" a group of children with both warmth and expectation
- An organized practitioner with excellent classroom management skills
- Knowledge and experience with anthroposophy and in delivering a Waldorf curriculum (and a deep resonance with both)
- A love for nature, our place within her and her place within us
- An ability to hold space for children and make them feel ‘seen’
- Someone who works positively and cooperatively within a team and always utilizes direct communication
- Someone with a strong belief that teaching is a calling/service
Here’s what this incredible opportunity offers:
- the opportunity to live and work in a beautiful, idyllic area of FL, 5 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean
- Our property backs up to a 149 acre park so there is plenty of space for hikes, festivals, and conferences amidst stunning nature
- A school that supports medical freedom, which honors all respectful walks of life and opinions
- A competitive local wage and healthcare stipend
- Curriculum resources and curriculum guidance
- Support with training (for the right candidate); professional development opportunities
- Supportive and collaborative leadership and wider community
About Ormond Beach, Florida:
Ormond Beach, known for its pristine sandy shores, and offers a serene coastal atmosphere. With a rich history and a tight-knit community, it’s the perfect backdrop for holistic learning, complementing the Waldorf ethos. The gentle ocean waves and expansive natural beauty inspire creative minds and connect souls to nature.
Why Join Us?
At Sunrise School of Ormond Beach, a brand new initiative, we believe in nurturing the whole child – mind, body, and spirit. We are creative, energetic, excited, and deeply committed to bringing this stunningly beautiful educational experience to the children of our town!! Our mission is to provide a harmonious learning environment where each child’s unique potential can flourish. If you share this vision and resonate with the teachings of Rudolf Steiner, we’d love to have you on board!
**Interested candidates, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your Waldorf teaching experience and affinity to Rudolf Steiner’s teachings. We look forward to meeting you!