Micha-el School offers a well-rounded kindergarten through eighth grade education following the indications given by Rudolf Steiner. Our Waldorf certified teachers provide a balanced, comprehensive curriculum that weaves academics with creativity to inspire joyful learning. Blending language arts, math and sciences with music, foreign languages, art and movement, we fully engage children at every developmental age. We have a warm and vibrant community dedicated to the physical, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual well-being of every student.
Micha-el School is a non-profit school that strives to keep tuition accessible and inclusive so that children can have access to an education that offers a balance of academics, arts and connection to the natural world.
The Office Coordinator at Micha-el School is an integral part of the Micha-el staff, responsible for many facets of keeping the school coordinated and organized. Job responsibilities include:
Assist with parent questions and triage parent inquiries appropriately.
Communicate with parents, regulatory bodies, and the public.
Responsible for sending all outgoing communications and intaking all incoming communications, triage as needed.
Responsible for coordinating a yearly new family orientation that provides parents an introduction to the school. Including: school organization, roles/responsibilities, how to get involved in the parent collective, how to use after care, and anthroposophy basics.
Responsible for collecting, tracking and reporting volunteer hours.
- Responsible for and implementing FACTS agreements, TA adjustments, incidental billing, TA processing, delinquencies, and invoices.
- Managing reimbursements, refunds, and faculty orders, supply needs and purchases. Managing AP and AR.
- Tracking aftercare hours and invoices through FACTS.
- Overseeing all vendor invoices, payments, reimbursements.
- Working with and supporting bookkeeping and budgeting procedures. Updating tuition roster.
- Deposits and reconciliations with Bookkeeper.
- Complete and file annual CT12 with the Oregon Department of Justice.
- Ensure all tax documents are complete and signed before sending them to the Tax Accountant.
- Responsible for insurance and liability renewals each year, identifying possible risks, changes, etc.
- Maintain all student files, immunizations, release forms, emergency forms etc.
- Develop or update Emergency procedures according to Oregon Law and Dept of Education.
- Respond to all records requests from other schools.
- Annually submit immunization reports to the State.
- Licensing: Submit payments for Health Inspection, Fire Inspection, and Early Learning Division.
- Oversee immunization policies, stay updated on new laws, create policies around due dates for these forms (dictated by the state of Oregon).
- Submitting annual reports required by the state such as immunization records.
Responsible for administrative onboarding of all employees and faculty.
Verify candidates' credentials, including licensing and certification if required for the position.
ORO, background etc.
Perform or arrange for reference checks and background checks.
Explanation of benefits and onboarding benefits.
Report all facilities inquiries, issues, and concerns to the Board.
Responsible for tracking and following through on all facility issues as needed.
Maintain control of school facility keys, assign, and distribute keys to staff as needed.
Responsible for the annual Site Assessment.
Work with Board of Trustees
Attend board meetings as needed.
Support the Board with implementing various plans and projects .
Preparing and submitting drafts of proposals, financial reports, and other documents.
Work with Faculty and College of Teachers
Coordinate procurement of general and classroom supplies via various vendors.
Support class fundraising events, deposit and track funds into class accounts.
Track spending and provide reports to the College and Faculty on classroom spending.
Submit and track reimbursements.
Assist teachers and students with ad hoc needs in the office, such as accessing first aid supplies.
Schedule, initiate, and track all fire, earthquake, and lockdown drills.
Identify process improvements and create solutions in all areas above.
Maintain and keep updated the Annual School Directory.
Maintain and update the school calendar as needed.
Coordinate conference registrations with payments.
1-2 years of administrative support experience preferred
MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook,)
Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms)
Adobe Acrobat Pro (create, edit, fill, sign, convert PDF)
Spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets, OpenOffice Calc)
Email (mail merge, filters, folders, rules)
Organization and prioritization
Strategic planning and scheduling
Verbal and written communication
Attention to detail
- Schedule: 32 hours per week during school hours
- Location: On site
- Salary: $18-$28 per hour, depending on experience
- Benefits: 3 weeks PTO per year, and free tuition for up to 2 children
Applicants, please send a resume with a cover letter and 3 references to Elizabeth Smith <email@example.com>