Handwork Teacher - Part Time
Sunfield Farm and Waldorf School is seeking a part-time Handwork teacher to join our faculty for the 2023-2024 School Year.
The ideal candidate is familiar with or willing to learn aspects of the Waldorf Handwork Curriculum and can work well with children in first through eighth Grade. Candidates should be creative and enthusiastic, and enjoy working with a diverse group of learners. The position begins in January and will be working with 4th, 6th, and our combined 7th/8th grades.
- 2+ years experience teaching
- Classroom, interpersonal, and student management skills
- Adaptability; able to change work plan based on needs of particular class
- Waldorf teaching experience highly desirable
- The following handwork skills are required: cross stitch, machine sewing, knitting, and weaving.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Teaching Grades 4, 6, 7/8, two times per week with a total of 6 hours per week including planning and prep time.
- Developing an understanding of the Waldorf approach to child development
- Providing written end-of-year reports for students as requested
A part time position will be compensated at $21 per hour, with an hourly allocation for planning time.
Paid sick leave
Tuition remission for any enrolled children commensurate with FTE (.5 FTE = 50% off tuition base)
Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates please email a letter of interest, resume, and 3 references to Erika Coyer at email@example.com .
Sunfield has been on our land for over 17 years. We serve 154 children in preschool through 8th grade and expect a return to strong enrollment for the coming school year. Daily, children and teachers work with animals, plants, gardens, compost, walk and play on the land, and steward this magical place. Our dedicated faculty of 18 includes lead teachers, assistants and specialties instructors. Our faculty enjoy a strong colleagueship, deepening their work through Anthroposophy and a connection to the land and farm life. Sunfield maintains a committed and supportive administrative team that participates in the life of the school and farm.
Sunfield is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To serve, to educate, to steward...