HMS is Seeking a Cook!
HMS is Seeking a Cook!
(NOTE: This part-time opening does include evening and weekend work.)
About the Position
High Mowing School is looking for a dynamic and energetic person to join our high school campus food service team.
This role reports to the Food Service Manager and works various shifts while school is in session and some summer weeks for events. Duties include the following:
- Planning of menus and budget management as delegated by the Food Service Manager
- Plan, prep, execute, and serve breakfast, snack, lunch, and/or dinner for up to ~175 people per meal
- Prepare healthy, high quality meals ensuring uniform quality and variety addressing various dietary needs
- Monitor sanitation practices and ensure that kitchen safety standards are adhered to
- Supervise food service assistant
- Minimum 2 years experience.
- Catering experience preferred
- Flexible, hard-working, and good-humored
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact well with teenagers
- Ability to work well under pressure, bring order to chaos and remain calm in a distracting environment
- Demonstrated ability to to be flexible with culinary approach and use of ingredients
- Competency in using spreadsheets and online tools
- Must be available to work various shifts
The compensation for the position includes:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Paid time off
- Great working environment
About High Mowing School
High Mowing School, established in 1942, provides a holistic education for 200 Early Childhood to Grade 8 students on one campus, and over 130 Grade 9 - 12 students (~75 boarding) on its high school campus. HMS is committed to a caring, respectful, and diverse community where academic success, personal growth, and social responsibility are highly valued and fostered. HMS is set on a hilltop among rolling farmland in scenic southern New Hampshire on 300+ acres and close to Boston, the seacoast, and mountainous recreational areas.
Video link: Teacher Perspectives on High Mowing School
Interested candidates should email HMS hiring team at email@example.com with a letter of interest, and an HMS Employment Application.
More Information on the HMS website.(url: https://www.highmowing.org/about/employment.)
HMS will respond to qualified candidates only.
Waldorf Preschool - Grade 12 * Boarding and Day