ECE Assistant (Kindergarten)
London Waldorf School is seeking applicants for the position of ECE ASSISTANT for the 2023-2024 school year.
London Waldorf School is a vibrant learning community where education, based on a deep understanding of the developing child, integrates the intellectual with the artistic, the practical with the beautiful – fostering the ability to engage more fully in the world.
“Our highest endeavour must be to develop free human beings who are able of themselves to impart purpose and direction to their lives.”
~ Rudolf Steiner
The start date for this position is January 2024 or sooner. This position is on a temporary full-time contract until June 2024. The hours of work will be 37.5 hours per week.
- The hourly wage for this position is $19.99 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay.
- This position will have access to sick days and personal days, and will be paid for statutory holidays.
- PD days, Winter Break, and March Breaks are unpaid (2 weeks each).
- Supporting a developmentally appropriate curriculum within the Waldorf pedagogy with the Lead Teacher.
- Participating in the rhythm of stories, circles, songs, and activities that foster the growth and development of the students.
- Observing and caring for students’ physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual development and well-being.
- Supporting a healthy class community of students and their families.
- Working cohesively with the Lead Teacher to create an environment of warmth, love, and safety.
- Demonstrating warmth, and compassion in working with both children and adults.
- Communicating clearly and appropriately, verbally and in writing with coworkers and parents.
- Working independently, holding rest times and assuming responsibility for the whole group and/or individual children.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the classroom and toys.
- Participating in class events such as festivals, parent meetings and professional development.
- At least two years of teaching experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Previous experience caring for children is crucial.
- Qualities that will be helpful in doing this job: creativity, flexibility, initiative.
- Being willing and able to work as part of a team is imperative.
- Experience working with children with exceptionalities is an asset.
- Previous experience in a Waldorf/Steiner school or knowledge of Waldorf education is an asset.
- Early childhood certification with the college of ECE’s (RECE) is an asset.
- A diploma or degree in the field of education is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested individuals are asked to send a cover letter and resume byFriday, Nov 17, 2023to the attention of Hiring Committee, at: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will continue to be considered until the positions have been filled.
London Waldorf School is committed to equity in its policies, practices and procedures, supports diversity in its teaching, learning and work environments and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are considered. Qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our community are encouraged to apply.
Please note: due to the high volume of resumes we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your understanding. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada.